The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Coldwater Fly Fishing (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/coldwater-fly-fishing/)
-   -   Guest Speaker Joe Humphrys on Night Fishing (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/coldwater-fly-fishing/297782-guest-speaker-joe-humphrys-night-fishing.html)

nrp5087 09-26-2012 11:55 AM

Guest Speaker Joe Humphrys on Night Fishing

Apparently this guy is a "legend" in these here parts of central PA. He is talking about night fishing for trout here at pennstate tomorrow. Ill let know what he says...

Rip Tide 09-26-2012 12:24 PM

Re: Guest Speaker Joe Humphrys on Night Fishing

Better known in fly fishing circles than Joe Paterno

Quote:

He has authored two highly acclaimed books, Joe Humphreys Trout Tactics and On the Trout Stream with Joe Humphreys, and many articles in regional and national periodicals. He has also hosted a nationally broadcasted fly fishing series on ESPN, been featured on three fly fishing videos (The Fly Fishing Series), and produced and been featured on four very well-received videos.

Mr. Humphreys has taught fly fishing for more than forty years, including directing Penn State's angling program for nineteen years. Some high-profile pupils include former President Jimmy Carter, former Vice President Richard Cheney, and basketball coach Bobby Knight. He currently teaches a weekend fly fishing course at the impressive Yellow Breeches Creek at Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania, hosted by Allenberry Resort located directly on the creek.

theboz 09-26-2012 03:02 PM

Your in for a treat . Have been to one of his appearances and the man is golden. He is and was far ahead of his time and the knowledge you will take back will last a lifetime. My neighbor took his course at Penn State and he doesn't fish. He loved it!

silver creek 09-26-2012 04:51 PM

He'll probably mention the 20+ lb brown he lost fishing while night fishing the White River in Arkansas with guide John Wilson.

chauncey 09-26-2012 05:02 PM

I am currently reading Dynamic Nymphing by George Daniel and Joe Humphreys is talked about extensively for his contributions to fly fishing/nymphing.

nrp5087 09-26-2012 07:17 PM

I'm going to ask him to sign either my rod or my reels

Rip Tide 09-27-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrp5087 (Post 486530)
I'm going to ask him to sign either my rod or my reels

Maybe you should buy one of his books and have him sign that.
I have quite a few autographed fly fishing books myself and the authors are always very willing to do this

nrp5087 09-27-2012 03:11 PM

I have quite a few autographed fly fishing books myself and the authors are always very willing to do this[/QUOTE]

I'm a college student and just bought a rod..... No money to spend in my pockets anymore:(

nrp5087 09-27-2012 09:06 PM

So we watched his one DVD about night fishing and he gave tips and pointers about night fishing... He signed my fly box he was more than happy too

nrp5087 11-30-2012 05:24 PM

Last night George Daniels came to speak about dynamic nymphing.... I never thought so much could be considered when nymphing im excited