The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 02:15 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I went trout fishing ( LOTS of pictures!! )

Geoff - Thanks for sharing the excellent pictures. I love the clarity of the underwater shots. I am always amazed that the little ones can still go after & ingest such a large fly.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:42 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

It is amazing but dont be too amazed, thats a size 16 elk hair HAHAHA. those fish are just THAT small.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-13-2012, 09:39 PM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light

Nothing like blue line fishing.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:01 AM

stlskyline will become famous soon enough

Nice pics, I would have to say Little Piney(Lane Spring) or Mill Creek, either way great looking fish and photos. Any planned trips coming up? Remember deer season is coming up in MO so no wearing antlers!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:41 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Looks like a great day any day fishing is better than work.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlskyline View Post
Nice pics, I would have to say Little Piney(Lane Spring) or Mill Creek, either way great looking fish and photos. Any planned trips coming up? Remember deer season is coming up in MO so no wearing antlers!
You are correct , Mill Creek. First time at this creek and it was wonderful. I do have trips planned coming up. This weekend I'll be on the current hucking meat at staging browns, the reports are good and mice are tied

Deer season starts Nov 10, I'll be at my property in Bourbon hopefully sleeping comfortably in a tree with an M1, ha. Once the morning hunt time is done, I plan to walk across the street and fish Blue Springs Creek.
mridenour likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-25-2012, 08:40 AM

golfnfish will become famous soon enough

Beautiful and very nice pics! That little shiner looks a lot like what we call warpaint shiners locally. They thrive in the trout streams and generally like the same feeding lanes as the trout. They can become a real nuisance when fishing with drys as they like to nip at the hackle of drys on a dead drift and pull them under.

Thanks for the report!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful spot...and colorful little fish....your bleeding shiner looks a bit like our blageon
Old 10-26-2012, 08:07 AM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light

That just felt good! Nice place you have there with some sweet wild bows.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 PM

Off work to chase browns in 3......2.......1.......

Storm Drain Bonefisher