The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default I went trout fishing ( LOTS of pictures!! )

So if you read the warmwater forum, you know Im usually down in my local storm drain golden bonein'. Well, believe it or not, I do go after trout. This week I needed a break from everything. I played hookie from work, let the baby at the babysitters and I went trout fishing.

Let me tell you about trout in MO. We have trout parks, which can be elbow to elbow fishing, then we have blue, red and white ribbon streams. Blue ribbons are my favorite since they are totally wild, naturally reproducing rainbows. The creeks are small, GIN clear ( thats an understatement ) and full of brush. The fish were small yet very eager. One was caught on about every other cast, I couldnt take pictures of them all, so I gathered shots of the best. Please enjoy in my pleasure of the day.

First fish of the day and in this creek ever for me.
Click the image to open in full size.

and another

ooooo getting bigger

so pretty

about average size

bleeding shiners. also a fun little fish we have in MO

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Getting bigger yet

herro there!

cant beat this color

ah yes..

photos getting better

look how clear that water is

Last fish of the day. 10". Way to close it out.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

One more post, this will be scenery only.

So clear...

jpbfly, madjoni, cpiercem and 4 others like this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 PM

tennessee dave will become famous soon enoughtennessee dave will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I went trout fishing ( LOTS of pictures!! )

Looks like a fun day. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the great day on the water, definitely worth skipping a day at work! Those trout were gorgeous!
stl_geoff likes this.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:47 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

It was so worth a day off work. In 2 weeks I'll be at another blue ribbon stream with some potential for big browns. Then two weeks after that i'll be deer hunting and it just so happens that there is another tiny blue ribbon stream across the road from my hunting property. Darn the luck.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-12-2012, 08:51 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

All very beautiful! What a great way to spend a day. Love those little wild guys! Great post!

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Besides the trout even the shiner looked cool!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 10-12-2012, 09:11 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Now THAT is how you play hooky! Nice pictures
stl_geoff likes this.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:47 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW, have never fished a small stream and after seeing your pics I want to go bad.

Great post and thanks for sharing.

Dave
Old 10-12-2012, 10:33 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for posting them.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:36 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice report! thanks for sharing

casey

ARFE
Old 10-13-2012, 11:02 AM

You're welcome for the share. Hopefully I will be posting more trout later this month

Storm Drain Bonefisher