The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 10:13 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: winter trout fishing

Yes, I know what area the "Driftless" region covers. I live in it too . I was just addressing the specific portion of Iowa for the member from Des Moines.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:50 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The "Driftless Area is NE Iowa, SE MN, and some in Wis. I believe. I live 20 minutes from Decorah, Ia although I have never fished around there, too cheap to buy the non resident fishing license i guess.
Don't forget about NW Illinois
Old 11-13-2012, 11:10 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Is Waterloo IA part of the Drifless or is it too far South and west?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Waterloo is DA
Old 11-14-2012, 05:49 AM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
Is Waterloo IA part of the Drifless or is it too far South and west?
Waterloo is not in Driftless area, very flat, but it is not far away. Manchester is only 45 min east from there. Spring Branch, Baily's Ford, Richmond Springs, joy springs, little Maquoketa are all in that area.

Rich
Old 11-14-2012, 06:55 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
Don't forget about NW Illinois
apple river canyon is super sweet, no trout there but the smallies are pretty awesome

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing