The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: urban angling

Thanks everyone, the fishing should stay pretty good until the rivers here start to ice and slush up. I hope I can get a few extra weeks in before the ice fishing season gets kicking

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 12-05-2012, 07:51 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Nice fish, Blake. Love those Milwaukee River Browns. That's the most colored up one I've seen in quite some time. Well done.

I've not been out on the Milwaukee river lately - had a trip to the PM in MI and Erie, PA for some Steel since I last fished the MW in early Nov. I'm headed up on Saturday to check it out and hopefully run into some chrome. Been a dry year...

Cheers,
Mike.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:19 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Are Lake Michigan tribs open throughout the year in Wisco?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:01 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
Are Lake Michigan tribs open throughout the year in Wisco?
Yup, our driftless inland closes in sept but you can fish the lake run fish all year long

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
Nice fish, Blake. Love those Milwaukee River Browns. That's the most colored up one I've seen in quite some time. Well done.

I've not been out on the Milwaukee river lately - had a trip to the PM in MI and Erie, PA for some Steel since I last fished the MW in early Nov. I'm headed up on Saturday to check it out and hopefully run into some chrome. Been a dry year...

Cheers,
Mike.
Good luck this weekend, there was a ton of trout in there this past weekend

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing