The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 01:34 PM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about
Default urban angling

though I dont live in the mountains or next to some expansive national park, there are plenty of great bites not too far from home. the milwaukee river is an urban fishery that runs through the heart of a major metro city. but, standing in its flow you would hardly ever know the hustle and bustle just over the tree line.

Click the image to open in full size.

oddly enough, it seems like the rougher the neighborhood, the better the fishing

Click the image to open in full size.

both bites came on a pink foam egg pattern, getting past the crowds was a must to find grouped up fish.

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 12-02-2012, 02:05 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: urban angling

Thats an awesome brown!! I wish I had trout that close to me.
il_wi_fishing likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 12-02-2012, 02:15 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! That's a nice BT! Bet your glad you left the crowds behind!
il_wi_fishing likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Outstanding!

I have had some tremendous fishing in the heart of some very large cities. When fishing in towns I wear camouflage clothing so's not to advertise my presence. What a beautiful fish,

Ard
il_wi_fishing and caseywise like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 PM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, I feel real fortunate to have something like this close to home. I guess so do a lot of others cause it sure draws a crowd.

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 PM

spioni is on a distinguished road

Nice lake run! Haha, check out the grand in downtown Grand Rapids, MI if you're ever in the neighborhood. Urban angling hotspot...the ambience is great here, as well! Keep em' coming!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:55 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

What a kype! Beauty of a brown you have there!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-04-2012, 03:17 AM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light

Thats some prime looking water and a gorgeous BT!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nice place to fish and beautiful brownknow someone(the Fischmeister...) who loves urban fishing for there are spectators to watch himhe"snoops back" everytime he catches a fish
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 AM

latshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura aboutlatshki has a spectacular aura about

That brown is stunning, just stunning

this winter is far too long