The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: question about furled leaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie675 View Post
I just emailed Joni about her leaders, I am looking at getting into using furled, seems a lot of people lately are starting to swear by them, and after my first experience of using a pre made leader I will never go that way again haha so Ill either end up with furled or making my own again.
I'd encourage you to try to spin up a few leaders yourself and give them a try. Other than your time, the initial outlay is pretty minimum.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo
Old 01-28-2013, 06:22 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

I usually make my own with mono and flouro, but Joni is giving me a great deal, and I like to support people like her.

But it may be something I could get into, I did look up a video on youtube of how to make one yourself and does seem like it would be very interesting to do and ultimately would allow one to make a leader to their exact liking, but I think Joni will do a great job and cannot wait to try them out.
fredaevans and fly_guy12955 like this.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I use Joni's leaders on my 2handers from 3wt to 6 (both floating and sinking). Given the workmanship (or should that be workwomanship?) there's no way I'm going to waste my time making my own given what she charges for a subpurb product.

Just my .02 cents.
Guest1 likes this.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
I use Joni's leaders on my 2handers from 3wt to 6 (both floating and sinking). Given the workmanship (or should that be workwomanship?) there's no way I'm going to waste my time making my own given what she charges for a subpurb product.

Just my .02 cents.
Absofrigginlutely! Could not have put it better. I am a serious fan of her leaders.
mojo likes this.