The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By rccola712
  • 1 Post By jpbfly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 PM

rccola712 will become famous soon enough
Default Not Even the Dentist...

Well yesterday my loving wife made me go to the dentist, I figured since I had to take some time off work I might as well make take a full day and get some mid-week fishing in. I wound up hiring a guide (Ken from Davidson River Outfitters) for a half day on their private water. We had such a great day on the river, not even going to the dentist that afternoon could bum me out! I got some great instruction, caught some awesome fish, and definitely improved my fishing!

It was a pretty chilly day so we mostly nymphed but also a threw a few streamers here and there. Wound up netting 11 rainbows, with a few coming unbuttoned as well. One heck of a day in January!!

Click the image to open in full size.

"A trout is a moment of beauty known only to those who seek it."
~ Arnold Gingrich
Old 01-25-2013, 10:13 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Even the Dentist...

Nice fish! I think I have a dental cleaning coming up soon...
Old 01-25-2013, 10:13 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't think of a better way to spend the day after a trip to the dentist. Great pics...

Dave
Old 01-25-2013, 11:57 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Fishing Beats going to The Dentist any Day,also to add to what little david has said,like The Song Goes,"What a Lovely way to Spend an Evening,can't think of anything I'd rather do",maybe there might just be a thing or two,very marginarly???.
The Bonus was you landed some Nice Fish.
Brian.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

You should eat more candies and brush your teeth less often
fishiowa likes this.