Finally Got Out

stimulator2

Reaction score
Well after all the rain, snow, and the days when i had to work and couldn't fish i was busting to be on the water.With my dad having some health issues haven't had alot of time to get out and fish.But he asked saturday if i wanted to go fishing sunday and well i was all in for that. Well we hit the water and he dropped me off and i took a radio so we could be in contact at all times and my cousin went with him. He told me to fish up to where they started ,He had a great strech of water which is why i think he wanted me to fish lower :D. He had a good day and kept asking how many i had caught over the radio ,we did meet up and finish the day together and he said he was filling good but it was time for new waders his were leaking.Here are a couple fish that we caught.

nick k

Reaction score
Hey look! It's a trout, only smaller!

Just kidding. Pretty fish, even the small ones. Wish I could get out on the water, still ice around here.

stimulator2

Reaction score
It was not on tailwater and the pattern was a Gold Tungston Bead Olive Hares Ear has worked since December not a lot of fish but enough not to change.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Awesome!! Those are some great fish.

I'm taking my mom out for her first trip to a wild MO trout stream in about a month after her knees heal up.

nick k

Reaction score
I was telling Nick to fish tailwaters because they wont be frozen.:fishing:
I wish I could find some nice trout tailwaters, or waters in general, around here. I live in the east part of the state, just outside Boston. The closest trout river that's any good is probably the Swift river, which is about 2 hours from me.

I primarily go for largemouth and other warmwater species in the ponds/lakes/charles river around me.

I do miss a good trout hunt though. Used to fish for trout in Colorado when I was young.

woodrivertroutbum

Reaction score
The Swift is where I was thinking. It is about the same distance from me but you gotta do what you gotta do. We will be up this weekend to fish it. :)

woodrivertroutbum

Reaction score
Almost 40 degrees this weekend. Last weekend I think the wind chill was negative 10 with 25mph winds and we still managed to catch fish :) Next weekend should be very enjoyable compared to that :)

Sorry for getting off topic!

cowger10

Reaction score
Sounds like a great day on the water and a great day shared with your dad. Good looking fish.
Any sized fish is a good fish in my mind.