The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 02:19 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Finally Got Out

Well after all the rain, snow, and the days when i had to work and couldn't fish i was busting to be on the water.With my dad having some health issues haven't had alot of time to get out and fish.But he asked saturday if i wanted to go fishing sunday and well i was all in for that. Well we hit the water and he dropped me off and i took a radio so we could be in contact at all times and my cousin went with him. He told me to fish up to where they started ,He had a great strech of water which is why i think he wanted me to fish lower . He had a good day and kept asking how many i had caught over the radio ,we did meet up and finish the day together and he said he was filling good but it was time for new waders his were leaking.Here are a couple fish that we caught.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Finally Got Out

Hey look! It's a trout, only smaller!

Just kidding. Pretty fish, even the small ones. Wish I could get out on the water, still ice around here.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
Hey look! It's a trout, only smaller!

Just kidding. Pretty fish, even the small ones. Wish I could get out on the water, still ice around here.
Tail waters.

Great report and beautiful fish!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:06 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

Nice fish! I got out on Sunday in the Linville Gorge area, but got skunked. Glad somebody caught some
Old 02-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Sounds like a great trip with your dad and some nice fish to boot!

Old 02-26-2013, 09:00 AM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light

Size does not matter.... I'm envious someone is getting their feet wet!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:13 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

It was not on tailwater and the pattern was a Gold Tungston Bead Olive Hares Ear has worked since December not a lot of fish but enough not to change.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:23 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Awesome!! Those are some great fish.

I'm taking my mom out for her first trip to a wild MO trout stream in about a month after her knees heal up.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-26-2013, 12:28 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Awesome!! Those are some great fish.

I'm taking my mom out for her first trip to a wild MO trout stream in about a month after her knees heal up.
You cannot imagine the willpower I'm invoking not to post a mom joke here.
stl_geoff likes this.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:05 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimulator2 View Post
It was not on tailwater
I was telling Nick to fish tailwaters because they wont be frozen.