The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Arrrrgggghhhhh! And I'm no Pirate!

Great story!

The kids did good. It had to be thrilling to see a 5-year-old catch his first trout!

Here you were all worried you would miss Opening Day and it turned out to be one of the best ones ever!

Congrats!

And I didn't even get my line wet but it was nice to see my daughter for the first time since bringing her back after Christmas, so I guess it was a pretty nice Opening Day for me, too.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:38 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

How was the weather on your opener? I believe it was cold and grey, maybe a little wet and windy too. Improving now isn't it?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:41 AM

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of

Coaching a baseball team for one day sounds a lot more fun than trying to dodge the neoprene army on opener
Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Arrrrgggghhhhh! And I'm no Pirate!

So the story had a good ending after all. Sure sounds like you had a good day to me Homer.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
How was the weather on your opener? I believe it was cold and grey, maybe a little wet and windy too. Improving now isn't it?
The morning was pretty cold and dim. The water was VERY cold and high. The day wasn't too bad as it warmed to about 50. Yeah since then it has been pretty nice. Its about 70 outside today.....my class room is about 85.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:32 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

Great thread.

I have to admit. I am a baseball junkie and scout.

Coaching baseball and fly fishing in the same day..priceless.

Your a blessed man.

Jim
Old 04-30-2013, 05:09 PM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfzx View Post
As I've said on the forum before, I am a teacher. I also coach Baseball for my High School. My wonderful AD scheduled us for a tournament on April 13th. An all day, AM to PM tournament. Oh, and it just so happens April 13th is the trout opener where I live in PA. I am 47 years old and have never missed an opening day in my memory. So my question is:

1. Do I resign my coaching job?
2. Beat the snot out of my AD?(which would have the same effect as #1)
3. Cry softly as I coach the team?
You call in the morning of the day before, saying you really sick and nauseous and got diarrhea and all.

Then you start playing music like this: "Leave This Long Hair Country Boy Alone"