The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 10:32 PM

only adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the rough
Default Bucket List MUST Fish Fisheries of the EAST?

Hello everyone,

I am planning my summer and I am wondering what are some of the places that you absolutely MUST lay some line on before you die. I am thinking anywhere East of the Mississippi, USA maybe Canada.

Thank you in advance,

Adipose
FlyBum likes this.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Bucket List MUST Fish Fisheries of the EAST?

Where the heck have you been?

I had forgotten about you dude! Maine for Land lock Salmon and brook Trout. Everyone has their favorites and if you get serious about maine send a PM.

The Adirondacks, any where from Tupper Lake over to Lake George. There are hundreds of streams and the Ausable too. Plan well because June is Black Fly time there and these are the ones that bite you. Same goes for Maine, take bug dope.

Any creek in North Central Pennsylvania, PM for specifics.

Good luck and welcome back,

Ard
only adipose likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

My list isn't long - Alaska, which may happen sooner than I once would have expected. Also Argentina for Golden Dorado. I'm not sure why, but the Golden Dorado is the only fish I really have a hankering to catch that I can't catch in North America.

There are other places I want to go here in the U.S. and Canada, but I wouldn't call them a must. Actually Argentina and Golden Dorado are not really a must either, but in my mind there is no fish I'd rather catch more. I think they are the prettiest and possibly the most thrilling fish in the Americas inland waters.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:40 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Ard nailed it with Maine.Big brookies and LLs maybe you want a 6wt? Think about it, they measure brookies in pounds not inches.
only adipose and codym like this.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:55 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

if ya do NC Pa. get ahold of me and I'll show ya around..
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 04-02-2013, 06:28 AM

ruud is on a distinguished road

Going to the Smokies end of April which is my first US fishing destination. Besides that, Montana and Washington/Oregon is high on my list!

More close by for me would be Sweden/Norway and Scotland as great fly fishing destinations.

Ruud

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Edit: Sorry, I missed that this was only for the EAST

Ruud
Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 AM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough

Are you on Facebook? A fly shop owner from Maine is in the process of editing a book to be called "The 50 Best Places to Fly Fish in the Northeast". The concept is to identify the 50 best rivers that currently fish well and are managed well for the future, then recruit local guides to write descriptions of each one. It's not out yet, but he's posting on the places and contributors that will be in it on a Facebook page called, surprisingly enough, "50 Best Places to Fly Fish in the Northeast".
Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

.... some eastern locations that I plan on fishing again this year.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Rip Tide; 04-02-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

I would say Newfoundland and the 'chi would two must visit places in the East.
noreaster likes this.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover