The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 01:25 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tiger Trout

Those are some amazing fish, you're right about the one male being one heck of a specimen! I really do love their patterning. That one you caught certainly does have some monster shoulders and a face like a grouper! Glad you guys had a great day!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 05-04-2012, 01:38 PM

heck will become famous soon enough

sweet fish thanks for the post and the pics!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Nick,beaut Fish,beaut Pics,even though I'm yet to catch one I've read heaps on them & seen many pics over many years,yours are by far The Largest I've seen,hopefully you both can hook one of those Monsters.
Brian.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:55 PM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone!

All I can really say is it's the fishery and proper management that have proven to be successful! It's pretty amazing to have a fishery where your average fish is 20" and it's not uncommon for anglers to catch 10+ fish in a day!

Because they're such a rarity and such an aggressive fish, fisheries knew that in order for the fishery to be successful, a no kill and no power boats regulation would have to be implemented. This has been the critical factor that has put the fishery on the map!

I was there a couple weeks ago and caught some of the larger fish as well, up to 26-inches, and some really nice males! Unfortunately on that trip I was by myself and was limited to my photos of fish. =S

Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney and baseman1 like this.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:50 PM

bigfishcatcher is on a distinguished road
Default Tiger Trout Pics

I've only ever caught one and don't have any pics, but I thought there should be a thread for tiger trout pics.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:13 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tiger Trout Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishcatcher View Post
I've only ever caught one and don't have any pics, but I thought there should be a thread for tiger trout pics.
Bunch of years ago they used to stock a bunch of them in the local 'pond', more like a really big pool behind a damn in a small river.

They are a riot! Not super selective for the most part and you never have to guess when they hit a streamer or a retrieved nymph.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:16 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

From my fishing buddy up in the Wisconsin Driftless region. Natural Tiger, not a stocker.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:32 PM

bigfishcatcher is on a distinguished road

Nice fish diamond rush! Any more pics?
Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 AM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

Beautiful! On my bucket list.

Randy
Old 05-09-2013, 08:00 AM

cpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of lightcpiercem is a glorious beacon of light

Beautiful tiger! That has to be one of the most striking colored tigers that I have seen.. I have seen lots of pictures of them, but I still need to get somewhere to catch one! It's on the list.