The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 11:21 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: If you could be air-dropped to fish anywhere in America....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
For anywhere in America, it would have to be Bristol Bay, Alaska!!!!
oh yeah!
upper kvichak for giant bows
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.

ARFE
Old 05-04-2013, 12:04 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about

North America??

for me the upper Pitt River Basin...with a permission slip to fish anywhere I wanted...w/o having the dough for the private tracts its pretty hard to pull off...

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/
Old 05-04-2013, 07:05 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I've spoiled mine so bad it's not funny. I think I can get away without her for a while though. My last one would stop eating and drinking if I left him, so if he couldn't go, neither could I.

Right now my biggest issue with my Dog is I'm having a little bit of the sniffles. If I sneeze, she freaks out, lands in my lap and stares intently into my eyes. Let's hope for both our sakes I can keep this under control.

My spot would be the Amazon. Big cool fish, and little ones with many many teeth.
Don't know about the Amazon, but the rest I track. "Dollars to Donuts" Ard doesn't go anywhere without 'Boss.'

Fred
Old 05-04-2013, 08:02 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Anywhere....where one of my forum friends lives
Anytime you feel like crossing the pond....let us know......we will put you on some fish.........promise.......

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 05-05-2013, 06:23 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

In America it would be Alaska for some Salmon of various types.
In North America would have to be Labrador for HUGE Brookies, Artic Char, Pike and Atlantics.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 05-05-2013, 06:37 AM

fichy will become famous soon enough

On the leading edge of the striper migration, but not all those scout schoolies, the cow herds..... Or a steelhead river in prime shape....
Old 05-05-2013, 06:42 AM

chechem has a spectacular aura aboutchechem has a spectacular aura about

AMERICA. Some geographically challenged posts here -

Alaska for me. You can go "helicopter fishing" up there from Anchorage, so it's just like the OP said: "air-dropped to fish".

Been a few years, but we flew from the Anchorage airport by chopper, and in half an hour were over remote streams full of salmon. We'd fly up the stream looking for fish, land when we saw them, and leave when the bears came! Great fun, and should be on your wish list if you like salmon fishing.

Thanks for the thread; good idea.

addendum: found a photo (mystery face); flyrod leaning behind me:

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by chechem; 05-05-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:32 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light

Yellowstone.

Now, that assumes the air drop includes at least a parachute or some other means of soft landing. If not, next to a local bluegill pond is a shopping center that has a "Mattress Outlet" in it. Aim for aisle 3!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:18 PM

vanceinak is on a distinguished road

I live in Alaska, but if I could be airdropped to fish anywhere I wanted it would be Klamath Falls Oregon where I grew up & my folks still live. Drop me at their house, & I'll jump in the truck with dad & drive to any little stream to catch 10" trout all day long with him... One more trip with my 83yr old dad in our old stomping grounds is my fishing dream :-)
mcnerney, cpiercem, mikel and 1 others like this.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Old 05-05-2013, 09:45 PM

jimtheflyguy is on a distinguished road

@chechem: man that looks amazing! That's gives new meaning to "sight fishing." You spot the fish, the bears spot you.

@venceinak: that's the best post IMO. Nothing like wanting more quality time with your father who probably taught you to fish. I know that's the case for me. Be sure to tell him you "dream." It would make his day!

@silvertip8k: that's what dreams are for right?...and long road trips where fishing fantasies make the miles pass...

@Flyfisher for men: BOMBS AWAY!
mcnerney likes this.