The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Coldwater Fly Fishing (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/coldwater-fly-fishing/)
-   -   If you could be air-dropped to fish anywhere in America.... (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/coldwater-fly-fishing/318385-if-you-could-air-dropped-fish-anywhere-america.html)

jimtheflyguy 05-03-2013 10:14 PM

If you could be air-dropped to fish anywhere in America....

Where would you choose to go?

Honestly, right now my top choice would be the Upper Yaak River in North-Western Montana. The native redbands are stunningly beautiful. I don't know that there's a prettier native rainbow/redband. Combine that with the fact that it's a ridiculously long drive from So. Cal to the MT/Canada border and you can see my reason for this to be my "air-drop" selection.

-Jim

mbchilton 05-03-2013 10:24 PM

Re: If you could be air-dropped to fish anywhere in America....

I'd like to fish one of the big rivers out west. Maybe Yellowstone. Somewhere secluded and quiet.

mikel 05-03-2013 11:07 PM

well, this is in the lower 48...but a chopper ride into the SF Flathead with a float out would be hard to pass up.

America includes Alaska, I think, and there are a few good choices up there...

-Mike

fredaevans 05-03-2013 11:48 PM

Alaska, but only if I could bring my 10 year old Yellow Lab. Other than the 'odd off' I don't go any where without "Sandy."

Bathroom would be the major exception .. and he even walks in/flops down there.:rolleyes: Typing, and an old head, almost white now, banging on your arm: 'I WANT A DOOOG COOKIE AND I WANT IT NOW!.:D

He's 'over weight,' but at (in people years) '70,' do I really care? That said, I've gone to far smaller dog bisquets.

MoscaPescador 05-04-2013 12:11 AM

I'm listing two locations since I love both fresh and saltwater fly fishing. Plus there must be a very fast boat at each location.

Alaska for trout and salmon.
Islamorada for tarpon and snook.

Dennis

Guest1 05-04-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 552750)
only if I could bring my 10 year old Yellow Lab. .

I've spoiled mine so bad it's not funny. I think I can get away without her for a while though. My last one would stop eating and drinking if I left him, so if he couldn't go, neither could I.

Right now my biggest issue with my Dog is I'm having a little bit of the sniffles. If I sneeze, she freaks out, lands in my lap and stares intently into my eyes. :eek: Let's hope for both our sakes I can keep this under control.

My spot would be the Amazon. Big cool fish, and little ones with many many teeth.

theboz 05-04-2013 02:01 AM

Some little atoll in the South Pacific with no foot prints in the sand but mine! A small runabout with a kicker , couple of rods and a hammock! And a cooler of cold ones !

jpbfly 05-04-2013 02:04 AM

Anywhere:rolleyes:....where one of my forum friends lives:fishing::D

bigfishcatcher 05-04-2013 10:24 AM

A high mountain lake full of giant brookies that has never been fished before.

mcnerney 05-04-2013 10:50 AM

For anywhere in America, it would have to be Bristol Bay, Alaska!!!!