The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 AM

mdogs444 is on a distinguished road
Default NE PA Experience anyone?

Anyone have any experience fly fishing in NE PA - most notably the Lackawaxen area?
Old 05-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: NE PA Experience anyone?

Hi,

If our member (theboz) fails to spot this post, send him a private message he is in The Pocono's and may be able to help you out.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-10-2013, 01:17 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Got it. What would you like to know beside the fact that the Lax is a good stream. Another member Pocono used to belong to a club up there. Let me know what specifics and hopefully I can help.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-10-2013, 01:21 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdogs444 View Post

Anyone have any experience fly fishing in NE PA - most notably the Lackawaxen area?

I've done a lot of WARMwater fishing in that region and absolutely loved it (Shohola Dam, Promised Land Lakes, and of course the Delaware River were all favorites). In fact the shad should be running in the Delaware River up that way and would be a blast on a fly rod.

As far as trout fishing goes, I can't recall anything lighting the lamp for me in that particular area. Even fishing the Lackawaxen River itself I recall more smallmouth bass and river chubs than I do (hatchery) trout.

If that's your jumping off point though (Lackawaxen), definitely look into the upper Delaware River (above Callicoon). Check out Al Caucci's website for reports.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring