The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 07:44 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about
Default Finally Got out!

I'm back! Haven't been on in a long time but from September through Spring I'm usually in the woods hunting. Turkey season is almost over so I'll be hitting the rivers again. The rivers that I fish have been running too high to fish this Spring due to the snow run-off or the weather has been just too cold. I did get out to Pennsylvania yesterday to fish with my hunting/fishing partner. We fished Spring Creek and it is all wild brown trout! No stocking is done and we are told that it has the highest density of fish per mile than any other stream in Pennsylvania! Most of it is fly fishing only which I love to do! The morning started slow but the afternoon brought a lot of rises. Caught around nine including the one pictured below. Caught one small brown trout in a pool and on the way in he was chased by a larger brown trout. No matter which way the smaller one went that big on was on his tail! He finally gave up and swam off! It was just great being on the river with a friend and had a great day!

Click the image to open in full size.
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)