The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Coldwater Fly Fishing (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/coldwater-fly-fishing/)
-   -   Best Coldwater Fly-Fishing Blogs? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/coldwater-fly-fishing/320519-best-coldwater-fly-fishing-blogs.html)

saltinthedesert 05-26-2013 01:21 PM

Best Coldwater Fly-Fishing Blogs?

I don't mean your buddy's page that gets updated once a quarter. I 'm asking what cold-water fly fishing blogs are helpful to those learning the craft.

I'm looking for blogs with great content (helpful advice and strategies).

Thanks for any input in advance.

duker 05-26-2013 05:57 PM

Re: Best Coldwater Fly-Fishing Blogs?

Hey Donald:

Off the top of my head I can think of two (apart from this one, of course): speypages.com and Ard Stett's blog (you can link to it via this forum). Speypages is, not surprisingly, concentrated on fishing with double-handed rods but has some very experienced and knowledgeable members and contains a wealth of advice on fishing and fish in general, mostly cold water.

Ard is a member of both this forum and speypages and his posts are always worth reading.

I will be interested in tracking other replies to your post as I'm always keen to hear about new fishing-related blogs and forums.

Scott

Sep 05-27-2013 07:44 AM

Gink and Gasoline, for me. Posts daily. Not limited to cold, but a healthy mix of cold, warm, and salt. A wide variety of content, from how tos, to essays. Fantastic photography.

It's my first digital stop each day.

Mike

trout champ 05-27-2013 11:17 AM

+1 for Gink and Gasoline.

I also hit The Hopper Juan and Colorado Fly Fishing Magazine and Two Guys Wet Waders & Flies and the O'Grady Fly Fishing Adventures.

They are all local blogs in Colorado Springs/Pueblo, except for G&G.

Randy

saltinthedesert 05-28-2013 12:52 PM

Since my post was edited by someone, I'll post my favorites here:

Gilligans Guide Service | Truckee River Fly Fishing

DAWN PATROL

Dawn Patrol has great writing style.

coug 05-28-2013 02:58 PM

Midcurrent and Moldy Chum are two that I check in on.

saltinthedesert 05-28-2013 03:29 PM

Hadn't seen Midcurrent before. Read the article on drag...good stuff. Thanks!

Sep 05-28-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coug (Post 560153)
Midcurrent and Moldy Chum are two that I check in on.

I like Midcurrent as well, though it's much more than a blog. Good call. :thumbsupu

Hardyreels 05-28-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saltinthedesert (Post 560110)
Since my post was edited by someone, I'll post my favorites here:

Donald,

Your blog links were edited because as clearly as I could ascertain the blog you had linked was your own pages. We do not allow threads to run for the sole purpose of directing people to other web sites.

We may not all write like Ernest Hemingway here but if you took the time to read threads and search topics I believe that you will find more information on more places to fish and how to fish than any other site on the internet.

This is a giant blog of sorts, and if people took time to participate instead of trying to direct our members elsewhere they may enjoy this forum.

I am sure people can locate their own favorite blog sites without directions, the internet is just plain amazing at such things.

Ard

Sep 05-28-2013 04:40 PM

In total agreement, Ard. A look at what's new on The Fly Fishing Forum is always near the top of my daily surf list. Great stuff, here.

Thanks for keeping it that way.

Mike