The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 03:41 PM

ckswim is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yellowstone Lake Thorofare

Just received a call from the NPS informing me that the Alder Fire on Promontory Peninsula doubled in size over night, now 2,000 acres. This has caused us to reroute the portion of our trip in the South Arm and west side of the South East Arm. I am not sure well want to be in the area if the smoke gets too bad. Hopefully the fire dies down and out soon! This has been a lot of preparation and logistics I hope it all works out!

Anxiously counting down the hours!
-K
Old 08-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yellowstone Lake Thorofare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckswim View Post
Just received a call from the NPS informing me that the Alder Fire on Promontory Peninsula doubled in size over night, now 2,000 acres. This has caused us to reroute the portion of our trip in the South Arm and west side of the South East Arm. I am not sure well want to be in the area if the smoke gets too bad. Hopefully the fire dies down and out soon! This has been a lot of preparation and logistics I hope it all works out!

Anxiously counting down the hours!
-K
Well that sucks! Hopefully your alternate plans work out fine, can't blame you for not wanting to be in too much smoke. We have a couple small fires burning in the Upper Green and it is causing the sky here in town to be pretty hazy, hard to get a good nights sleep as the nose gets pretty stuffy. Best of luck with your trip.

Larry

Larry