The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By mcnerney
  • 2 Post By two_nymph_rig
  • 1 Post By yonder
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 3 Post By mridenour
  • 1 Post By mikel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 10:53 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Heading to Cody

In less than three weeks I will be in Cody, WY and will get to fish nine days straight. We'll be fishing the North Fork of the Shoshone for sure. Had great luck there last year. Any other suggestions? PM me if you feel inclined to share a secret that you don't want to post publicly. We are thinking about hitting the Lower Shoshone, South Fork of the Shoshone, Yellowstone River and maybe some of the lakes.

Thanks for you advice!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heading to Cody

Sent you a PM!

Larry
mridenour and yonder like this.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:56 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

Greybull River
mridenour and yonder like this.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:20 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

If you can spare the driving time..........52 miles to the yellowstone border.........try the north east corner of the park......lots of scenery to enhance the fishing.......Cody is a nice town......I stayed at the Irma hotel and had a great time!!! Good luck and tight lines!!! Also...I would add, that if you are fortunate enough to find some "private access" on the Greybull.........then I would most certainly go for it!!!
mridenour likes this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 06-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is 9 days in Cody......I'm jealous already!
Be sure to post a trip report, that is gorgeous country and getting to fly fish it makes it even better.
mridenour likes this.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:41 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Last year we went and fished South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming but the wives came along. That cut into our fishing time drastically. This year they are going to the Bahamas while we are in Cody. We have awesome wives...lol!!!
mcnerney, mbchilton and yonder like this.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:59 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Not into bonefish? I'm jealous too. Cody is on my bucket list just for the museum....oh, and the fishing. Have fun!
mridenour likes this.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:13 AM

I've never fished bonefish. We have friends that will let us use their condo in Freeport and we are thinking next year we will head down there and give the fishing a try. I've always wanted to do it.