The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By baseman1
  • 1 Post By wannafish
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By baseman1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 06:44 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice
Default Salmon galore

I was fishing the Miramichi last week and in the first hour close to 30 fish jumped. We moved to a new spot and I had one roll 5 feet in front of me but wouldn't take. Soon I will have my first fish, soon.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 06-26-2013, 07:09 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Salmon galore

Yep, just keep your fly on the water; it's just a matter of time. Good luck!
baseman1 likes this.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:14 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

That's the plan. I lucked out and ran into a professional casting instructor and got some free instruction which improved my casting 100%. It was an awesome day.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I'm so glad to hear you are in the fish, it won't be long if there are a bunch in your river. I will be going back after them tomorrow and will be camping for a few days. The river I'm learning now is a long boat trip away and I have to stay once there.

Good fishing and post when you get one,

Ard
baseman1 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

As the others have stated, keep your fly in the water, your time will come and hopefully sooner than later. Good luck!
baseman1 likes this.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:52 PM

Thanks gents and best of luck to the three of you this season.
mcnerney likes this.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:57 PM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Was it Rick Whorwood you ran into? I took a speycasting course from him last week at Ledges Inn.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:06 PM

I can't remember his name but it may have been. There were 2 spey guys there getting their flies way way out there. It was at pool 66. The Americans hadn't shown up yet so we had the full pool.