The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 10:08 AM

dryfly256 will become famous soon enough
Default First trout on the fly rod!

I don't know if it's my apple products not letting post pictures, but I went on my first trout trip and caught a 16 inch rainbow trout. im already selling some of my bass rods and reels to get waders and fly tying materials I have been bitten by the trout bug! Thanks for all the info from this forum it helped a lot on my trip.
baseman1 and chi804 like this.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:13 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First trout on the fly rod!

To post pictures you need to first up load them to a picture hosting site (even facebook) and then you should be able to download them from there to here.
Here's the intel
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...ure-nafff.html
Old 07-24-2013, 10:17 AM

I think that's what my problem is I'm using Facebook ill try another site I appreciate it.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:29 PM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryfly256 View Post
I don't know if it's my apple products not letting post pictures, but I went on my first trout trip and caught a 16 inch rainbow trout. im already selling some of my bass rods and reels to get waders and fly tying materials I have been bitten by the trout bug! Thanks for all the info from this forum it helped a lot on my trip.
Congratulations! I still remember my first trout I caught 40 years ago. My first was closer to 6".

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo
Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 PM

argail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryfly256 View Post
Grac, with the first trout, they are beautiful, true ?!

If you're going to release the fish, do it gently...
Old 07-25-2013, 12:27 AM

heelerdog is on a distinguished road

That's fantastic, congratulations.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:19 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Well done Sir, first of many. Welcome to this wonderful world
Old 07-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

congrats....you will remember this one
Old 07-25-2013, 10:27 AM

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...go256/null.jpg
Trial run take one

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

I still don't think this is right let me know if it works.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Grac, with the first trout, they are beautiful, true ?!

If you're going to release the fish, do it gently...

A guide at the local fly shop told me how to do a figure 8 with the fish and release it that way he shot right off after 10 seconds or so.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:25 AM

chi804 is on a distinguished road

Nice fish!
I'm sure you're addicted like most of us here. Just a reminder about handling these fish. When you do handle, be sure too that your hands are wet as you'll remove their protective "slime coating" if they're not. Try not to keep them out of the water for too long as it does stress them out. I like to keep them in the net and in the water for photos and if I take them out of the water its usually just out of the net and a few inches from the water.
Good luck with your new found passion.

Last edited by chi804; 07-25-2013 at 01:02 PM.