The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 12:42 PM

jbennett is on a distinguished road
Default Daughters first trip my second.

Had so much fun last week on my first trip I took my 10yo daughter back to the Little Red River yesterday for her first trip. She caught about 20 fish with Jamie Rouse as our guide. Mostly from the boat but 3 wading. We need some waders. I posted an ad in the classified hoping I might find some good used ones for us but wanted to share this pic of her with he first catch wading. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:06 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Daughters first trip my second.

I bought Cabela's 'Youth Waders' for my grandson three years ago.

They're pretty inexpensive, but he used them for two years and his younger sister has used them for a year, both with no problems.

Un-insulated, but good for warm/moderate weather.
chi flyfisher likes this.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

That was a great photo, I love to see kids get into fishing. Seems to me there is a trophy creek or stream down that way that is restricted to kids 16 and under, you might ask your guide, I can't remember the name.
von behr and fredaevans like this.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:06 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

These are the best posts!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:43 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Awesome post. Great photo. I posted a couple of links in your other post. Just starting out you can both get waders relatively cheap. Enjoy!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:44 PM

jbennett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
That was a great photo, I love to see kids get into fishing. Seems to me there is a trophy creek or stream down that way that is restricted to kids 16 and under, you might ask your guide, I can't remember the name.
Dry Run Creek. We are getting that guide to take us on the North Fork in a few weeks. I think I will take her to Dry Run Creek myself the next day. No boat needed. Looks like there are lots of ways to easily access it and its a very short stretch of water. Google images for it. Scary big fish the kids are catching.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:00 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

I know you are looking for some waders for your daughter. Not sure how much you are looking to spend, but these are a couple that might interest her. Sportsmans warehouse. $119.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:49 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Congrats on the good fishing. Even more importantly, kudos for being the kind of Dad who would do that with a 10 year old along. If more kids were engaged in outdoor sports, and spent that kind of quality time with their parents, there would be a lot less kids getting in trouble.

Almost any man can become a father. But it takes a special guy to be a "Dad "

Thanks for being that special guy
von behr likes this.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:51 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Daughters first trip my second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
Had so much fun last week on my first trip I took my 10yo daughter back to the Little Red River yesterday for her first trip. She caught about 20 fish with Jamie Rouse as our guide. Mostly from the boat but 3 wading. We need some waders. I posted an ad in the classified hoping I might find some good used ones for us but wanted to share this pic of her with he first catch wading. Click the image to open in full size.

"Ten star picture." The face beyond the young lady puts it all in perspective.

Edit: There are 'Life Moments,' he just had one.
fae
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats....looks like she had a good mentor