The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 01:26 PM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough
Default New Water and New Tales

Well it's been a while since my last TR I've been stuck in summer school and haven't been able to get out as much as usual. But today I headed out prospecting a new stream. I was nyphing for about the first half hour with no luck so I switched over to a paracheute adams. It was the key, I missed some big fish today (12"=big). I also lost a monster beast 16"er becasue my rod tip got stuck in a tree. Well heres all the proof, enjoy.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:32 PM

vanceinak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Water and New Tales

Lloooks like BIG fun in a little place!
Congrats on the new spot.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:41 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Looks like you have it figured out pretty good there franzen! Fine job indeed.

Can I suggest you make sure your hands are wet when handling fish you're going to release? It helps preserve the slime that protects them from infection. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Chris: Looks like you had a great day on that little brushy stream. You hooked into some very beautiful fish, congrats!

Larry
Old 07-30-2010, 07:20 PM

franzenangler will become famous soon enoughfranzenangler will become famous soon enough

I was taught when just starting to fly fish to always wet your hands before handling trout. I assure you all the trout caught today were handled properly.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:04 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzenangler View Post
I was taught when just starting to fly fish to always wet your hands before handling trout. I assure you all the trout caught today were handled properly.
That's great. We fish the same waters.You just ruined one of my excuses when fishing doesn't go so well for me!
Old 08-01-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
That's great. We fish the same waters.You just ruined one of my excuses when fishing doesn't go so well for me!
Took me a while to get that, but I finally did. What part of NC are u from?
Old 08-01-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzenangler View Post
Took me a while to get that, but I finally did. What part of NC are u from?
North of Charlotte but travel the state quite a bit to the salt and the mountains and the nice 'gills in the pond out back.