The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 02:43 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of
Default Down In The Yard

I had 2 hours to fish Friday and i was trying to decided where i should go real quick, then i thought just walk down through the yard, i have not fished it this year due to all the other fishermen.We don't mind folks fishing on our property.Well i got to spend time playing in the yard.
Click the image to open in full size.
The fishing was not bad at all, i only used the net on one fish a brown.Caught 23 in 2hrs i was all smiles.
I guess you could say i caught a slam but this is very common in the yard, with some brown and rainbow in the teens and a few in the 20" range every once in awhile.I also got to fish a couple hrs Sunday morning but i went down a couple miles from home and had another good outting catching 11 and this 15" brown.
I'm very thankful for the water i have around the house with short drives or walking in WNC,and i'm really fond of playing in the yard.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:51 PM
mridenour

Default Re: Down In The Yard

I'd love to have your yard!
fredaevans and cowpokey like this.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

A trout stream in one's yard....that's a dream....I would put bear traps all around if it was mine
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:38 PM

nir has a spectacular aura aboutnir has a spectacular aura aboutnir has a spectacular aura about

I'd probably end up divorced if I had that in my yard! That or me and the wife would fight over the best pools...hehe

Lovely colours on that brookie!
mcnerney and motorshooter like this.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:16 AM

humberto is on a distinguished road

It is very nice your yard. Here in Argentina I need driving allways for go to fishing
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Shannon: That is one fantastic yard to have.........I'm jealous!
Great looking fish, congrats!

Larry

Old 09-19-2013, 01:42 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Boy do you have it rough! Veryveryvery nice!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:35 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have names for your pets? milt
Old 09-20-2013, 01:30 AM

cowpokey is on a distinguished road

I gotta get a yard like that!
Old 09-20-2013, 01:42 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Down In The Yard

Five star pictures!

fae
gzarboni likes this.