The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 12:47 PM

winxp_man is a jewel in the roughwinxp_man is a jewel in the roughwinxp_man is a jewel in the rough
Default Nice Fall Chinook Hen....

Here is a nice Fall Chinook Hen I caught on my #9 TCX Spey rod..... Fun fish to fight with on a rod this big! Caught quite a few this year and cant complain.

Now here is a pic of the hen.....

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:51 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice Fall Chinook Hen....

No can see .....
Old 09-21-2013, 01:00 PM

winxp_man is a jewel in the roughwinxp_man is a jewel in the roughwinxp_man is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
No can see .....
Fixed it... Flickr was messing with me
Old 09-21-2013, 01:02 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Nice Fall Chinook Hen....

Puppy now Hunts!

Edit: Forgot to ask where you were fishing.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Puppy now Hunts!

Edit: Forgot to ask where you were fishing.

On the Feather River.....
fredaevans likes this.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:20 PM

cab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura about

That's no hen, son-- That's a HAWG!!!!!!!!

Nice Fish,
CAB
fredaevans and winxp_man like this.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:56 PM

Exclamation Re: Nice Fall Chinook Hen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab View Post
That's no hen, son-- That's a HAWG!!!!!!!!

Nice Fish,
CAB
That Guy will serve a lot of neighbors (block party) dinner. Think 'Pot Luck.'

fae
mcnerney and winxp_man like this.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:18 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

WOW! I see why you need a wagon wheel of a reel.
mcnerney, von behr and winxp_man like this.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:26 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

That is one fat pig of a fish..........thanks for posting.........
winxp_man likes this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 09-21-2013, 03:55 PM

Yes a #4 Lamson litespeed is a must! My buddy took his #3.5 and the frame was bending so bad that the spool would rub the edge of the frame. I have lots of video that I will post when I finish the editing.

And yes guys it was a HAWG I caught one that was even bigger but as I was about to take a picture it did one final tail maneuver and it was gone! Just a blast to have the opportunity to fish such magnificent fish!

Thanks for the compliments guys!
mcnerney, von behr and yonder like this.