The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By cochise
  • 1 Post By hailfly
  • 1 Post By fq13
  • 1 Post By gzarboni

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 07:56 PM

hailfly has a spectacular aura abouthailfly has a spectacular aura about
Default colorado springs

I'm out here working for a week or two just wondering what you
All would recommend 11 mile or Canon City, or some place
Else.
Thanks Kim
Old 09-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: colorado springs

Kim: Also take a look at the Dream Stream (South Platte), take hwy 24 west (between Spinney and 11 Mile Reservoirs). If you decide to head down to the Arkansas River, also look at fishing below the dam in Pueblo, typical tailwater fishing. If you decide to head to Canon City, check the river flows, last week it was really high, not sure if it has come down to normal levels yet, but worth checking first.

Larry
hailfly likes this.

Larry
Old 09-25-2013, 09:54 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

11 Mile Canyon is classic and always fishes well. The Dream Stream is starting to turn on but there is an ongoing stream restoration project going on Monday thru Thursday. Turns the water to chocolate milk. If you can fish the weekend this will be a good place. The Ark fishes awesome and so does the Ark Tailwater below Pueblo dam. But right now the hottest fishing is going on in Deckers. Lots of big, hungry fish willing to swallow big stoneflies and tiny tricos.

Randy
Old 09-30-2013, 06:30 AM

Thanks guy's, got super busy and didn't get to check for replys, got in a hurry and rushed of to the Ark up at Canon and yes it was way to swift for me. Nobody was fishing. So we went to 11 mile canyon just past St George ?
Plan on trying the dream stream before I leave. How much longer will a guy
that hates being cold be able to wade here ?
Thanks again guys.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:37 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Fish the Ark between Canon City and Salida.

Dream Stream is a popular spot for the denver sticks. It can be a disaster of a fishing day but can be good for big fish.

I have a good fly fishing connection in the springs...he can get you going in the right direction.

This is his forum. Colorado Mountain Fishing. His handle is epic and his name is Rick. Tell him Cochise told you to get you into a good fly fishing spot near the springs.

Tight Lines!
hailfly likes this.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:25 AM

Click the image to open in full size.
We took the day off to go fishing. Caught this in 11 Mile Canyon on Wed, the river was way down . My first trout.
williamhj likes this.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:06 AM

fq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailfly View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
We took the day off to go fishing. Caught this in 11 Mile Canyon on Wed, the river was way down . My first trout.

Aww, he's cute! Thing is, he probably could have eaten my first trout, a six inch brookie I caught when I was in the Smokies with my dad. Hate to tell you this man, but catching that trout? It was like sleeping with a hot chick who has the cooties. You now have the disease and there is no cure. I swear, I can get in my truck and drive no more than twenty minutes in any direction and be on to bass, snook, jacks and tarpon. Hell, I can walk 100 yards from my house and catch small bass and bluegill. But every year that I can afford it I drive two thousand miles to Bozeman to fish for trout, because once you catch one you're addicted.
I hope you ate that little *******, because he ruined you for life.
hailfly likes this.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:21 AM

I'm already thinking about a 3rd fly rod, like a 2wt. Luckily
My wife is fly fishing some too and understands my desease.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:38 AM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

That is awesome, I wish my wife was into fishing she don't understand the need for different rods or guns. She maybe coming around on the fishing though. Trout fishing is addictive just as fq13 said. good luck.
hailfly likes this.

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/