The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 07:13 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Elk, bbq, beer and brookies....

Awesome pics, I love that park. the second stream you have pictures of, I kinda feel like I know what one, that I may have been in it a few years ago.

At any rate, awesome trip report, with it starting to cool off now Im in full on trout mode. This post wasn't helping my lust for them.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-02-2013, 07:26 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

You got the pie now Where's the ginger....roflmao. Great post and pics man!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:53 PM

flyfishmich has a spectacular aura aboutflyfishmich has a spectacular aura about

Great report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-02-2013, 09:00 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

That's awesome! next time I head down that way I'm having you cook for me! Looks like y'all stayed dry too. Nice report.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:55 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonder View Post
.......if you get the chance.....head up the Bradley's Fork outside of Cherokee........that neversink caddis should work very well.......
The first several pics were from Bradley Fork. The fishing was very slow there, but I think it was because I was fishing behind two different groups of people.

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 10-03-2013, 04:00 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrl0004 View Post
The first several pics were from Bradley Fork. The fishing was very slow there, but I think it was because I was fishing behind two different groups of people.
Sorry to hear that.......it gets slammed on occasion, but for good reason. I usually hike in about three or so miles, as it's an easy trail, and then I hit the water. Getting above campsite 49 puts you in brookie heaven.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

I have my nominations for 'Thread of the Day,' this gets kicked up to "Thread of the Week.'
gzarboni likes this.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:16 AM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

WOW! Thank you for taking the time to post those pictures. I think you just made my next vacation destination choice for me. I can't imagine life getting any better than what I just saw. That is something everybody should experience at least once. The scenery is spectacular combined with good fishing and great food all at camp. WOW!

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/