The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 10:31 AM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice
Default Salmon River trip

Hello all,
I will be fishing the Salmon river in Pulaski NY this weekend. I was there at the begining of Sept and we had a blast. That was my first time ever fishing Salmon. I am now "HOOKED". We caught some monster Kings at 31 lbs and 28 lbs. This time around I am hoping to catch a steelhead for another first.
I will give all those interested a full report on the fishing conditions when I return. I will post some photos if I can figure it out. I am not much of a computor guy as I try to spend most of my free time on the water fishing or in the woods hunting. Maybe someone here can tell me how to get the pics posted. Thanks, be back shortly with my report.
mcnerney and ben664 like this.

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 10-04-2013, 11:00 AM

ben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really nice
Default Re: Salmon River trip

Nice ! Looking for your review, I'll be there in 15 days for chromers....can't wait !!!
Old 10-04-2013, 12:25 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

I can safely say i'll never fish the Salmon River again.

It's a great river, or was, but there is just too much drama goes on there during salmon season and to a certain extent steelhead season....

Drama i'm just not prepared to deal with....

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

This thread directs you on posting pictures supported by a photo hosting site such as Photo Bucket. Read it carefully and you should be able to understand image posting. http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...to-bucket.html

You're lucky I wasn't on the river and that I saw this

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-04-2013, 09:28 PM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice
Smile Re: Salmon River trip

Thanks Ard for not being on the river.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:47 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

I was just messing with ya, you know that right

Old 10-07-2013, 10:47 AM

Cool Re: Salmon River trip

Hey Ard, Yeah I know you were messing with me. I am new to the forum but have read alot of threads and I can appericate your style of humor. I will be posting a report on my trip very shortly. I am swamped with work and do not have much time right now. I also want to incluse a few good photos. I want to give an informative report and not just a yeah fishing was good.
mcnerney likes this.

Last edited by gzarboni; 10-09-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Well then, it sounds like you're the type member we love to hear from here.

If you have any trouble posting photos check this thread out: http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...to-bucket.html

I updated it because Photo Bucket did a software change about 6 months back and I hope it is helpful.

Ard
mcnerney likes this.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:52 AM

johnnysdg will become famous soon enough

I just fished the salmon river a few days ago (10-9-13) and fishing was very good.

We starter at the lower end of the DSR and had a few hook ups but very very slow.

Then we launched the drift boat up river and stopped in a few spots. Fishing was very good. Tons of salmon. Lots of hook ups. FYI - we didn't fish from the boat, just took it to our spots.

Landed a 25 lb female and 27 lb male. Both pretty fresh. This was only my second time fishing salmon on the fly rod so there was a learning curve that I had to go through.

Lots of people don't like the crowds but I can tell you from being in the drift boat for 8 miles of river that there are areas with a crowd then areas we stopped with no one but us and plenty of fish.

Also the crowds are not what they were two weeks prior. (9-25-13)
Stay away on weekends!

Johnny
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:42 AM

ben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really nice

Hi !

Any reports of pasts days ? Steelheads are here ? I've been there next friday. Thanks