The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 10:13 AM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Missouri Trout Adventures!!! Come take a look!!

You'll have to meet me down there.. Then, we can head down to the beaver dam tail water and chuck big steamers for walleye and browns.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:47 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Deal, but it'll have to be on a week long trip, I only get a half day trip on my yearly trip over thanksgiving.

Tried a new park at lunch today, caught 2 dinks on my last casts of the day, literally as I was pulling ling in at the bank to leave. HA

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 12-04-2013, 12:49 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

Lol. Let me know. I'm going to be getting out a lot this year.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:36 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

There are no trout photos on this page......im slacking

SMALL sample from 11/30

Click the image to open in full size.

About average size I was catching. Probably brought 24 to hand in about 2.5 hours

From urban lake on 12/2

Last fish of the day, another silly 18" fish!! hit like a ton of bricks

Again

Urban trout from 12/3

Only 2 this day..

AAAAAAnnnnd here's one from today. Caught 2, very similar to each other, about 3 casts apart as I was leaving to go back to work.

Little but pretty. Also gave a jig fly to a mom and some kids, they had been trying for 4 days to catch a fish and had 1 bite today. im curious if their luck changed any.
madjoni and mridenour like this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 12-05-2013, 05:10 PM

markfrid has a spectacular aura aboutmarkfrid has a spectacular aura about

Mr. StL Geoff - I was fishing the park and the Current that same weekend! Absolutely perfect weather, beautiful colors, not a lot of people and very cooperative fish. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Below the park I was fortunate enough to catch 2 football shaped browns with that same gold coloration as in your great pics, along with some smaller ones. What a blast on a 4 weight! Just fishing a Missouri "searching" rig - a pale yellow mini-jig (beadspread) with a #18 single egg dropper. Caught about half on each. The park was loaded with fish, too. Great caddis hatch in the evenings and had a ball swinging a #18 brown crackleback. My wife didn't feel like the drive so I was on my own. Really great to hear somebody else had as much fun as I did!

As for the Series.... we put up a hard fight, but in the end I think we were over-matched. Drat.

Mark
stl_geoff likes this.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:36 PM

This thread just wont die will it

Went out at lunch today, truck claimed it was 56*, balderdash!! There is a 12mph wind with gusts up to 20mph. I knew this yesterday and said, I should bring my 7wt incase its windy....nah I probably wont even go. Well, even though the sage TCX is a deathstar, the 5wt was having a few issues in the wind, especially since where I wanted to fish from it was blowing from my right to left or straight at me. Tight loops, double hauls and waiting for a break was the name of the game today.

However, the fish rewarded me generously. I brought one to hand on my 3rd cast. Sweet. Then another a few casts later. Awesome. Then nothing for a few minutes, and I got alittle bummed, dang is it over already?!?! No, my retrieve just needed a switch and it was back to happy fish catching action. The old people not catching anything from the dock across the way looked upon me evilly. That's my standard look from them now

All said and done, after just under an hour to fish for lunch, I brought 9 rainbows to hand, hooked my back once, stomach twice and hit my left cheek twice. It was a good day!!
mridenour likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 12-19-2013, 07:49 PM

More netted trout photos...

Tempted to go back again tomorrow....goign to be the one last nice day for a while and we all drown from the rain
madjoni and mridenour like this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 12-20-2013, 10:20 AM

I just wish I had cool flowing waters that close to me...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2013, 10:53 AM

hahaha flowing water. I'll take a picture of where I catch these at and you'll laugh. I decided to go today anyway, and I brought the 7wt with me since the wind is similar to yesterday O_o

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 12-20-2013, 11:22 AM

I have the muddy Missouri right outside my office window

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk