The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 10:31 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Incredulous

One of my goals is to rent one of those ice shanties with cookstove and a bed. Drink beer, catch fish, fry fish and sleep, then repeat process. Think every man should experience that at least once in their lifetime.

Dave
madjoni and fishenfool like this.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:08 PM

schrederman is on a distinguished road

Being from the south, I can live with the thought that I will never ice-fish... In fact, I can embrace that thought... That being said, I just spent 5 days with my sons in Oklahoma fly fishing. We like to go in the winter because there are no crowds. Unfortunately, we went on a holiday weekend, when the weather was in the 70s... and we had crowds until monday evening. Tuesday was worth the trip, but inexplicably, the crowds were back on Wednesday. We were wishing the weather was worse.

Jack
Old 02-25-2014, 06:33 PM

bellsporter is on a distinguished road

A couple pictures from the Dream Stream and Pueblo from Super Bowl weekend. The cold temps and the Broncos in the big game made it so we had the rivers to ourselves all weekend. I think it got up to a balmy 5 degrees as a high all weekend.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Bigfly and rocketbomb like this.