The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By 650flyguy
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 12:35 AM

650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about
Default California Coastal Lagoons

Click the image to open in full size.
I had a great time welcoming the new year on a misty coastal lagoon chasing fish.
From a tube, my 5 WT James Green loaded and cast nicely with a full intermediate line.
I liked having a little bit of give when these fish decided they didn't like the looks of my float tube.
I spent most of the morning trolling leeches and bugger. Later on I lucked into a hatch of large amber midges was able to entice a couple on soft hackles.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney, milt spawn and bquick like this.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:48 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: California Coastal Lagoons

Great trout, to put it mildly. But the thread title caught my attention. I've not heard of 'California Coastal Lagoons, where abouts are these located?

There a series of these just off Hwy 101 in Oregon and they can provide excellent trout fishing. Interesting to be driving on 101 with the Pacific Ocean on one side and rather large lakes on the other.

Fred
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:52 AM

650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Great trout, to put it mildly. But the thread title caught my attention. I've not heard of 'California Coastal Lagoons, where abouts are these located?

There a series of these just off Hwy 101 in Oregon and they can provide excellent trout fishing. Interesting to be driving on 101 with the Pacific Ocean on one side and rather large lakes on the other.

Fred
Fred you have it, these are the Californian cousins of the Oregon lagoons.
Fishing wise, they can be a bit hit or miss.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:23 PM

Waterborne has a spectacular aura aboutWaterborne has a spectacular aura about

Those are some nice looking rainbows!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for what Waterborne said, congrats on the beautiful fish!

Larry