The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Steelhead Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
Yeah, I need a decent trip down there! The last one blew chunks...lol.
yeah.... you need to come with us. the only thing blowing chunks is us!! ( haha I kid I kid...we stopped doing that to ourselves about a year or two ago :P )
mridenour likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-11-2014, 10:05 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
yeah.... you need to come with us. the only thing blowing chunks is us!! ( haha I kid I kid...we stopped doing that to ourselves about a year or two ago :P )

Let me know. I'll go. Sometimes I plan on drinking a bunch but when I get to four I start thinking it doesn't taste so good anymore. Don't really know when that happened but it is probably a very good thing.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Mike: Awesome trip report! It is great to see forum members getting together and helping each other out like that. Catching Steelhead in those conditions sure makes that long drive worthwhile, congrats!

Larry
Thanks, Larry! It was almost as fun as fishing with you!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:07 AM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Very cool, if you ever come up to erie for some steelies, let me know. I'd be glad to tag along with you guys and show you some spots.

Ryan
mridenour likes this.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:26 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by repperson29 View Post
Very cool, if you ever come up to erie for some steelies, let me know. I'd be glad to tag along with you guys and show you some spots.

Ryan
That'd be pretty cool!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I'm happy for you Mike, you've been a wonderful addition to this group ever since you joined up with us and I'm glad you had a bang up trip. I doubt that I'll catch that many here in a day!

Way to go Mike,

Ard
mcnerney and mridenour like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-11-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I'm happy for you Mike, you've been a wonderful addition to this group ever since you joined up with us and I'm glad you had a bang up trip. I doubt that I'll catch that many here in a day!

Way to go Mike,

Ard
Thanks!

I went up there hoping to catch one! I'm a lucky guy.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
I went up there hoping to catch one! I'm a lucky guy.
Mike: A little local knowledge goes a long ways in helping out the luck part, as I'm sure you are well aware of.

Larry
mridenour likes this.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Mike: A little local knowledge goes a long ways in helping out the luck part, as I'm sure you are well aware of.

Larry
No doubt...this trip had all the markings of being a bust as we drove up. Glenn (lake flyer) was a life-saver in addition to being a really great guy. I honestly think that if he hadn't helped us out we would have been driving around looking for some fishable water and ended up going home all smelling like skunks.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:48 PM

qacwac will become famous soon enough

Enjoyed reading that and the photos. Congrats.
mridenour likes this.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:35 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

Those are pretty awesome pictures and a wonderful story. The ice you are sitting on is unfortunately what our rivers are looking like right now the whole way across and we are only 4 days away from season opener. I will probably have a similar reaction to the first atlantic salmon I hook into.
Thanks again for the great recounting of your tale.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover