The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 02:34 PM

caberguy will become famous soon enoughcaberguy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jewels of the Driftless

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
The gill plates on all those brookies look to be in good shape. Did you catch any with damaged gill plates and gill lice? I've noticed an increase in the number of streams that have brook trout with gill lice.
I was going to ask the same question.

I'm dying to get out there, was going to go last week, but got a bit of the old bronchitis.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:03 PM

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
Wisconsin or Minnesota side?

Also, those brookies look a bit on the thin side. You could help out the population by keeping a couple, if you're into that.
Minnesota. North of 90... East of 35 :P

Actually none of them I'd say were skinny.

I'd keep but that doesn't start til Saturday.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:00 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
Studies have shown it doesn't have as big of an effect as some Wisconsin blowhards would have you believe. It's a parasite that's been around for a long time. Cycle of life. That's all.
Some people would like to have you believe otherwise, in fact they ride this horse to death

on a side note sir Itch, this is the song playing in my head every time i read your posts

ted4887 likes this.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:44 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

This sounds like a stream I fished last summer with a friend. He nearly blindfolded me before taking me to it as he was afraid I would tell others where it is. It was heaven with a dry fly.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 04-10-2014, 06:38 PM

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhist_palm View Post
Some people would like to have you believe otherwise, in fact they ride this horse to death

on a side note sir Itch, this is the song playing in my head every time i read your posts

Grouplove - Itchin on a Photograph [Official Video] - YouTube
This band would have much better music videos if they focused the camera more on their keyboardist and didn't play any music.

Last edited by itchmesir; 04-10-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what an awesome day on the water, it doesn't get much better than that, congrats. Those Brookies are so beautiful!

Larry