The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By ponycarman
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By fly_guy12955

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 04:22 PM

ponycarman will become famous soon enoughponycarman will become famous soon enough
Default Pics from my first ever trout trip

Jus got done with our first trout fishing trip. Had a good time. Did alot of hiking haha. It was tons different than the lake fishing I am used too.

Right as we got in the park I found this random guy in the middle of the walk way lol.

Click the image to open in full size.

Also found this weird guy down by the river.

I fished a little in this small pool. It was quite the challenge with a 9ft rod. I wish I had my shorter setup done.

Caught my first trout ever there. Tiny little guy. Didn't even realize I got him. Could barely feel the rod wiggle lol. Caught one other little trout. Maybe an inch bigger than the first but that was it. Trout fishing is quite different and we really didn't know what we were doing haha.

Also saw some falls. Pretty nice. The pictures don't do it justice.

mcnerney and ejsell like this.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pics from my first ever trout trip

Looks like an awesome trip, congrats!
ponycarman likes this.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:20 PM

ponycarman will become famous soon enoughponycarman will become famous soon enough

Thanks! It was fun. Got to spy out new fishing locations. Definitely need to work on my trout and stream fishing techniques lol.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:39 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

Hey PCM, I've been as proud of them small fella's as if they were 3lb'ers. Trout are trout ! Thanks for the pictures,,stokes me up !
ponycarman likes this.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:44 AM

Thanks! And no problem haha. I was happy to catch a couple. Can't wait to give it another go. It was a new experience for me. Having to constantly deal with the current, tons of obstacles, and mending line. All mew stuff that I haven't had to deal with much bank fishing at lakes. There were obstacles but not as much as this stream had. Got snags galore lol.