New setup is here!!!

hawkeyeflyfisher

Reaction score
Woohoo!!!

My new all everything setup came in-Winston BIIIX 9' 6# matched with a Hatch 5+ Finatic!!!

By far the nicest setup I have ever casted, and most likely will ever own haha.

Found out that my hip waders have a wicked leak in them so fishing for me until I can either talk my wife into letting me get a new pair, or spring :/

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm. Hippers? New wicked premium rod and real outfit...Does not equate.

A. Do not use Hip Waders unless you are irrigating or getting in and out of your boat.

B. Do your new rod and reel a favor and get some waders.

Or, send me that new Winston and I will keep it busy for you until the run off is over and you are ready to fish. :wiggle:

Need my addy?

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Hmmm. Hippers? New wicked premium rod and real outfit...Does not equate.

A. Do not use Hip Waders unless you are irrigating or getting in and out of your boat.

B. Do your new rod and reel a favor and get some waders.

Or, send me that new Winston and I will keep it busy for you until the run off is over and you are ready to fish. :wiggle:

Need my addy?
Hey Cochise, it gets a little hot feeding the hogs in our chest waders. :) I am thinking about getting some hippers for the Iowa streams. You only need so much in 10 inches of water.

comeonavs

Reaction score
Should be an awesome setup and those Hatch reels are awesome.

Yeah you can't embarrass that rod and reel by wearing leaky hip waders. Tell your wife some nice Simms G4Z, Orvis Silver Sonic etc etc are in an investment in your health since they will keep you warm and dry so that you're ready to tackle the honey do list when you get home from fishing

"they're really for her" if you think about it

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
My new all everything setup came in-Winston BIIIX 9' 6# matched with a Hatch 5+ Finatic!!!
Hawkeye: That is one sweet fly fishing setup, congrats! Sorry to hear about the leaky waders, maybe a bottle of aqua seal would work until you can afford a nice set of waders, you're going to need wader living in MT.

vbgooroo

Reaction score
Just bought almost the same setup this weekend. Winston BIIIx, 9ft, 6wt, but, I have the Nautilus FWX reel in Titanium.

hawkeyeflyfisher

Reaction score
So I was offered some Redington Dry chest waders for $200, or I can go with the Simms Freestone Stockingfoots for $149. Anybody have any opinions with either of these, or advice on which one I should go with?

For boots I'm going to get the Simms Vapor Boots for $179 I believe is what I found

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new rod! I love the way Winston fly rods feel, just a little out of my price range. I fished a graphite #6 weigh fenwick for years as my go to rod, landed some huge fish on it. My yours do the same!