The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015, 03:12 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Last week in the north woods

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:23 PM

GrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Last week in the north woods

Great photos all including the canoe one. Any idea as to why they were all there?

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:55 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrtLksMarlin View Post
Any idea as to why they were all there?
All the remote ponds have them. Even if it's just a 1/4 mile off the double track
We fished with some guys that said that they were always on the lookout for $100 canoes

Canoes of the Maine remote fly fishing ponds.
hairwing530 and jjc155 like this.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:07 PM

GrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to behold

So is it that folks simply take some beater canoe to those spots and leave it for the next time they fish?....I take it folks also don't use what is not theirs is that correct?

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:09 PM

bear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to beholdbear 007 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
All the remote ponds have them. Even if it's just a 1/4 mile off the double track
We fished with some guys that said that they were always on the lookout for $100 canoes
I used to go to the Old Town 2nds sale once a year, I picked up a couple for $125 apiece.
mcnerney and hairwing530 like this.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:11 PM

mikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant futuremikel has a brilliant future

It looks a bit like I picture heaven
Old 06-09-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrtLksMarlin View Post
So is it that folks simply take some beater canoe to those spots and leave it for the next time they fish?....I take it folks also don't use what is not theirs is that correct?
Most are chained up, but not always.
Some have been there so long that they have spruce trees growing on top of them, others look brand new.
The guys that showed us the way into a "new" pond Thursday were fishing out of a random non-chained canoe that was piled on top of theirs.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Looks like a good time buddy, I was wondering where you were; about to send a proof of life message your way. Now I see that some of us are actually out there doing it

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-09-2015, 07:01 PM

BigJim2x is a jewel in the roughBigJim2x is a jewel in the roughBigJim2x is a jewel in the rough

Now that's the way to do it. I enjoyed the story and the photos. I have a plan to hit one of the Brookie streams in Northern Minnesota this summer in the same way...too bad work keeps getting in the way - now they want me to pick up a couple extra shifts each two weeks for the rest of the summer and I have no vacation time. Good thing I have this forum to keep my sanity.

Thanks for the report Rip.

2x
mcnerney, Rip Tide and hairwing530 like this.

"The world is big, and I want to get a good look at it before it gets dark". John Muir
Old 06-10-2015, 10:46 AM

rockriver is a splendid one to beholdrockriver is a splendid one to beholdrockriver is a splendid one to beholdrockriver is a splendid one to beholdrockriver is a splendid one to beholdrockriver is a splendid one to beholdrockriver is a splendid one to behold

Looks absolutely perfect.