The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 10:18 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: trout question

Since 90% of the trouts diet is taken underwater. I'll tie on a streamer at the car & fish that for a while & then I'll usually goto a nymph. I usually don't search with drys.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:52 AM

FlyGal has a spectacular aura aboutFlyGal has a spectacular aura about

Streamers, streamers, streamers.....Unless a hatch is on.

Joni, a Gray Ghost was made for a boo rods.....Carrie Stevens was a boo rod gal as well.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGal View Post
Streamers, streamers, streamers.....Unless a hatch is on.

Joni, a Gray Ghost was made for a boo rods.....Carrie Stevens was a boo rod gal as well.

The Gray Ghost is an awesome flie!~ How about you? You tried Boo yet?
Old 03-25-2008, 03:55 PM

FlyGal has a spectacular aura aboutFlyGal has a spectacular aura about

I have a good neighbor who let me use his 6' Orvis Battenkill and 7'6" Thomas & Thomas bamboo rods to chase wild brookies with. I love the slow bamboo rods! Most of my graphite are slow as well.

I just finished epoxying the reel seat to my first bamboo blank finishing job....Can't wait to fish it. I have to wait a month until the varnish fully cures....Click the image to open in full size.

I plan to used boo in the salt for sea bass....I tied up a few patterns in Carries style to match the local bait fish to toss in the salt with a boo rod. Should be fun to experiment with.

I just love Carries patterns.....
Old 03-25-2008, 04:02 PM

adrian is on a distinguished road

fishing or catching??

there is nothing as beautiful as a fish rising to a dry fly. however, there are times when you can present every fly in every size known to man and you'll see no action. streamers, nymphs always create strikes when there is little or no action on the surface. there is no substitute for a beadhead with a dropper.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGal View Post
I have a good neighbor who let me use his 6' Orvis Battenkill and 7'6" Thomas & Thomas bamboo rods to chase wild brookies with. I love the slow bamboo rods! Most of my graphite are slow as well.

I just finished epoxying the reel seat to my first bamboo blank finishing job....Can't wait to fish it. I have to wait a month until the varnish fully cures....Click the image to open in full size.

I plan to used boo in the salt for sea bass....I tied up a few patterns in Carries style to match the local bait fish to toss in the salt with a boo rod. Should be fun to experiment with.

I just love Carries patterns.....

Would love to see your wood (Bamboo, guys) I prefer slow action also.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Would love to see your wood (Bamboo, guys) I prefer slow action also.
Pottie mouth!!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-25-2008, 11:03 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

Dries are my favorite, but nymphing is more productive.

Randy