The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2015, 12:18 AM

b_winchel is on a distinguished road
Default New Video Posted "Native"

Click the image to open in full size.

Just put together a short film highlighting the outstanding brook trout fishery in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. If you love fly fishing small streams for brookies you will love this short. Please like, share and comment. Also check out my other videos on my Vimeo page, you may find something you like.

Last edited by Hardyreels; 08-08-2015 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:26 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: New Video Posted "Native"

Hi,

I have a suggestion regarding your new membership with the forum, please don't direct the members to your private pages prior to becoming an active member here. We have many videos posted by our members but they also have taken the time to join in the discussions and sharing of thoughts and information that have made this such a unique place. This is not to say you can't link videos here but this is not a place to promote yourself or to ask for members to 'Like or Share' the content of your video library or personal blog.

Please take some time to familiarize yourself with our forum and the members who are active before you decide that we should visit your site.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-08-2015, 01:52 AM

GrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to beholdGrtLksMarlin is a splendid one to behold

Past what Hardyreels suggests about joining in, welcome to the forum and........ Go Vols!

B.E.F.
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:48 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_winchel View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
Link does not work for me ..... banned?
Old 08-08-2015, 03:36 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Fred & Brad,

No not banned, I just don't like to see people join up just to post links to videos or blogs. I realize that many members enjoy both videos and blogs but they seem to find plenty by searching on their own. For years I have done what I could to avoid having this forum serve as a promotional site for people who otherwise don't participate in the group. If we allow these type posts this would cease to be the kind of place we all enjoy and would amount to thousands of thread that say only, 'Look here' and provide a link. That would be cool if we had a separate forum where you simply Pay Pal us a fee and then post away.

Maybe I'm cranky but it's too late now, I already said all that.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-08-2015, 05:51 AM

chechem is a name known to allchechem is a name known to allchechem is a name known to allchechem is a name known to allchechem is a name known to allchechem is a name known to all

Link still doesn't work.

If not banned, was the link disabled?
Old 08-08-2015, 06:57 AM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future

This place has been so dead lately we need to figure out a way to get some folks posting again.

Branding yourself or product commercially as a first post is never good karma on a neighborhood site for profit.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:30 AM

ts47 is a jewel in the roughts47 is a jewel in the roughts47 is a jewel in the roughts47 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
This place has been so dead lately we need to figure out a way to get some folks posting again.

Branding yourself or product commercially as a first post is never good karma on a neighborhood site for profit.
I have noticed a number of newbies posting questions here recently. I'm glad to see the new blood so to speak. I remember when I first got the courage to post and how many of you (us now) stepped up to help me. My first post was about choosing my first "real" 5 weight fly rod.

On how quiet things are... Is it this way at this time of the year normally?
mcnerney likes this.

Good things come to those who wade...
Old 08-08-2015, 08:57 AM

b_winchel is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

I certainly did not mean to create such a rise with my first post. Just simply thought fellow fly fishermen would enjoy a short video about fly fishing. Contrary to what some of yall might think, I do fully intend to join in on the discussions with questions, comments, etc. Also none of this is for profit, just something I enjoy doing, along with fly fishing.

Thanks for the warmest of welcomes and......Go Vols
mcnerney, trs and ts47 like this.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:23 AM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future

I Love seeing the videos! I just assumed you had commercial content.