The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2016, 07:47 PM

only adipose is a name known to allonly adipose is a name known to allonly adipose is a name known to allonly adipose is a name known to allonly adipose is a name known to allonly adipose is a name known to all
Default A Fish A Month For....(ever?)

No matter what I do my life seems to get in the way! I need to make some more time for fishing. Today was the very first time this month that I could squeeze in a little time on the water. I imagine that many others feel the same way. I say we motivate each other and pledge to fish at least once a month and post picture of a fish as proof for as long as we can. I realize that many folks on here live in areas where this may not be possible, so do it every month the season is open. It doesn't even matter what kind of fish you post, just post something and try to keep going for as long as you can. I promise it will make your life better!

Join whenever and do your best to keep up. The more people participating the merrier!
Click the image to open in full size.

She is not big or pretty but a brookie is a brookie and at the end of the day it sure beats a skunken.

Who is in?
Ard Stetts, mcnerney, wjl and 2 others like this.

Last edited by only adipose; 11-18-2016 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Fish A Month For....(ever?)

Pretty cool idea, congrats on that beautiful Brookie!!!!
Life can certainly get in the way of fishing. Its easier for me with the kids all grown and now retired.

Here is my best rainbow from yesterdays fishing (Nov):

Old 11-16-2016, 09:11 PM

teledan is on a distinguished road

Great idea! Ive already got a pic for November, this was on Friday:

And here is a pretty rainbow from October:

And a brown from September:

Old 11-22-2016, 05:02 PM

ivory arrow is a name known to allivory arrow is a name known to allivory arrow is a name known to allivory arrow is a name known to allivory arrow is a name known to allivory arrow is a name known to all

I will join in buddy. I am going into my second winter here in Colorado. Last year around mid October I just kinda quit fishing. The reservoirs near me closed, and eventually froze. I could have done some river fishing but I didn't have waders, and told myself I needed them to get in the deep water where fish were.

Truth is I was just giving myself excuses. I don't know why. I didn't take the fly gear out until April! No more excuses. I figure nov and dec will be easy. But Jan and feb will take more commitment.

I found a tailwater that stays a bit warmer than the rest, and a few other spots where fish feed over winter.

November contributions and most likely all of my winter contributions are from the Arkansas River in Colorado.

Wild Brown trout from the freestone on a thirty year old fiberglass rod my dad gave me, and my grandfathers equally old click and pawl.

Stocker released from the hatchery. Caught him in the tailwater section. Cutbow I think? Not sure. I have caught this type before elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ivory

That last fish is a Snake River Cutthroat, easy to identify due to the small spots. Also, some mighty nice looking browns!

Old 11-22-2016, 06:58 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

I made a goal to get out and fish at least once each month last year (2015). I missed one month, either November or December, can't recall. There were other times that just went to the river and cast for an hour, drifting a nymph. Actually catching fish every month of the year would take quite a bit more effort here.

And winter isn't always the problem. In 2016 I doubt if I fished in August.

But it is a great goal and will try again in 2017.
Ard Stetts and only adipose like this.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:07 AM

ivory arrow is a name known to allivory arrow is a name known to allivory arrow is a name known to allivory arrow is a name known to allivory arrow is a name known to allivory arrow is a name known to all

Thanks Erney. I still have trouble telling the difference between all the different subspecies of cutthroats and the wide variety of appearances that cutbows take.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:19 PM

herchammer is a name known to allherchammer is a name known to allherchammer is a name known to allherchammer is a name known to allherchammer is a name known to allherchammer is a name known to all

Well, I don't have any gorgeous trout pics, just an ugly ol' largemouth. I'll try to keep up Click the image to open in full size.

It was an unseasonably warm (63 degrees) late November day.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:16 PM

One for December. Click the image to open in full size.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:26 AM

flyminded is a splendid one to beholdflyminded is a splendid one to beholdflyminded is a splendid one to beholdflyminded is a splendid one to beholdflyminded is a splendid one to beholdflyminded is a splendid one to behold

A little late - do they really stock Snake River Cutties in Colorado ?