The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 12:08 AM

FlyRichardFly will become famous soon enoughFlyRichardFly will become famous soon enough
Default First time with my 3wt this year

We got lots of rain in central PA. The Susquehanna is high and dirty so I hit a local trout stream.

First let me say that after I watched Dark Cahill's video on catching carp and cats in the flooded water I first gave a hours casts with my 8wt. I had one bass on, but he came undone a couple feet from me.
Check out the Canadian Goose in the third pic.

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...mits-2494.html

I caught 10 nice trout and released them all. I already had a couple trout stockie dinners and soon I'll be catchin' some striped bass.

First time this year for my 3wt. I have a 8' 3wt St Croix Avid with a CSR reel. Even a 10" trout puts up quite a fight with that tiny rod. The trout went wild over small woolybuggers and fur leeches.

Such a wonderful day today. I can have so much pleasure with a flyrod. Even if gas is climbing, and the world is falling apart, I know that I can have the most wonderful day with a flyrod in a tiny creek nearby. Sunfish, Fallfish, Rockbass, Chubs, Cats, Perch, Carp, Smallmouth, Largemouth and trout.......... it really doesn't matter to me.

I'll hit another creek tomorrow, they just restocked it. PA really isn't that bad a place to flyfish in!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:26 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default Re: First time with my 3wt this year

nice fish! love my 3wt for gills!! I feel ya on that goose! at my local spot theres these 2 geese I call um big daddy and lil mama and they are on a small island in the middle of the river. I can get within 10 feet of there nest and actually walk on the island. I just talk to um. hey big daddy no harm just coming through trying for some steel see any? Hi lil mama its ok. how are you? hows the kids coming? haha.... ya sounds crazy but lately i am all alone and its worked so far and I can cast all day for steel standing right by um. they trust me I guess?? maybe once they hatch I can babysit!!! haha jk.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:04 AM

FlyRichardFly will become famous soon enoughFlyRichardFly will become famous soon enough

McFly,
Here is another friend of mine in another river. Looks like 2 geese and 7 ganders! LOL
I love to see all the wildlife when I go fishing.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:23 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

as long as the river don't flood, I see the ones here are soon to be proud parents themselves! wonder if I can fish in that spot when that happens haha. if I go back soon, prolly in a day cause tomorrows rain. I will take pix of um. I was gonna today but didn't for some reason..

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.