The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 07:06 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default me and kruggy hook into steel!!

told kruggy1 from my great lakes fishing forum I was going to the v and was surprised when I got there to see him there. we headed out to a couple holes that I know about and hooked up with some steel! he caught 2 but hooked into 4 or 5 . he had another one on really good but I couldn't net him in time and he broke the leader sorry krugs..
I also caught a steel and a smallie. heres the pix we had a blast! one of kruggys steelies was 28 inches!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV30585.JPG (82.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg SNV30584.JPG (81.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg SNV30580.JPG (80.5 KB, 25 views)

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:37 PM

Doubletap is on a distinguished road
Default Re: me and kruggy hook into steel!!

Is that milt pouring from the fish's vent in the first picture?
Old 04-24-2008, 09:58 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

good eye haha. ya know actually it is!!!!! thought I felt something that wasn't water dripping haha.!!! kruggy pointed it out after and laughed at me!!! I swear these fish get just about as excited as I do when I catch um!!! I wanna say this happened because he was on a bed with a female when he took the fly. around here we fish the spawns cause these are stocked and they do not reproduce naturally. the gurl I caught the other day dropped some eggs also. guess my picture was the money shot ROFL maybe I should remove this pic cause of its obscene and graphic nature! lol

Old 04-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi McFly,

Since Kruggy got more hook ups, was he using a different method or different flies?

Frank
Old 04-25-2008, 11:11 PM

yes frank he used a unweighted pink sucker spawn fly with small split and a foam indicator. I used clousers in my homeade red/white and lake erie shiner pattern.. i have had my luck on both of them and not on spawns cause they are in the super shallow riffles and hardly nowwhere else. its warming up and its winding down.. just don't get um on the spawn flies???? also lots of smallies are coming up now!!! see um chasing minnows. I just met kruggy and we seen a bass and I cast to him like 10 times and I look at him to tell him something and as I pull the clouser out of the water it jumped a good foot in the air after it! almost bounced off me!!! we were laughing up a storm on that one. they always bite when you take you eye of it!! after that targeted another that was killing minnows and I had red/white clouser on and caught him on it. boy what a fight! super bursts of energy! a lake erie pattern would of prolly slayed them tho and minnows were jumping out of the water to get away. seems red/white works on sunny times and the lake erie on cloudy,