The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2017, 02:20 PM

big_dog1996 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Getting Serious About Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ard View Post
Hi Dom,

I'm a long ways from Connecticut so can't offer any advice on where to go but can still say nice job getting some browns

If you want to keep a running log of your progress here look into using the blog function associated with your Profile. You post to a blog the same way you do on threads, matter of fact you could take your post here and copy it into an opening blog post. If you consider doing that then your posts are all in one spot. I do it but can't say it'll suit everyone. If you were to want, then just hit edit on your post, then choose Go Advanced, then block everything including image info and copy it. With that done just click save to restore your original post and then proceed to your User Control Panel. Once you see where the Control Panel menu is at on the left side scroll down to find Blog at the bottom. When you click it I believe it will direct you on starting your pages. It's been years since I started one and I honestly forget the steps but hey, I figured it out so I'm quite sure you can too.

Anyway, congratulations on choosing a very special hobby and if you end up stationed over on Kodiak remember to get in touch with me, I'm not that far away.

Ard

Thanks Ard, I very well may end up in Alaska next year.....:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hairwing530 likes this.

Tight lines my friends

Dom
Old 07-15-2017, 02:34 PM

kentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum,Dom.
I too like chasing bass in farm ponds and do not have a lot of experience with the trout.I look forward to your updates.
hairwing530 likes this.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:55 PM

unknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant future

Great looking trout! This time around here there are so many different kinds of fish to persue with the fly rod, small and largemouth bass, big pike and muskie, panfish, carp, drum and catfish....

But when I get some free time I always seem to end up on my favorite trout rivers after Brook and Brown trout on dry flies. Tis the dry fly trout season.

Many happy returns, and if you get to fish with Ard I'll be jealous.