The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree1186Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 01:18 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni
Default Re: Brown Trout Pics

Great fish guys

Ardy,there is several lines of brown trout in Europe..and here is the oldest,from rivers that flows to Adriatic sea....
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Madjoni: Thanks for sharing, I love the colors on those fish, really beautiful!

Larry

Old 06-06-2011, 02:04 PM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold

Here's one from this weekend. His a brown leech pattern.

Nick
Old 06-18-2011, 04:10 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Madjoni: Thanks for sharing, I love the colors on those fish, really beautiful!

Larry
Thanks Larry
here is one from yesterday for you

Old 06-19-2011, 03:03 PM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold

Well my last trout trip of the spring and I wanted atleast one brown to tide me over until September when I'll start trout fishing again. Was tough fishing, with strong winds out of the east. I decided after fishing out of the wind, to get into the wind and fish a windblown section of flooded timber. I cast the area for about 20 minutes with minnow patterns and decided to switch up to a dragon nymph pattern. I laid a total fluke, lazerbeam cast in between some flooded willows and started hand-twisting it back. Boom!

This guy was the result. Only two fish this day but definitely can't complain. =)

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Sorry didn't get any really good pics of this guy. I wanted to get him back as soon as possible. He measured about 21".

Nick
Old 06-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold

Killer stuff guys
Old 06-25-2011, 05:27 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all

Took these a couple weeks ago. Just thought people might enjoy the underwater pics.

"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark
Old 07-04-2011, 03:16 PM

fishordie is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Brown Trout Pics

Another great day on the Big Horn with flows over 15,000. Who says the rivers are too high in Montana??

Jamie

Last edited by fishordie; 07-04-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:36 AM

zug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura aboutzug buggin has a spectacular aura about

Here is a Southeastern Brown Trout!!! 29" est. 14lbs caught on the Nanathala river in North Carolina this year. The lake was running very high and backed up and nearly covered a waterfall that had in the past stopped lake trout out of Lake Fontana from entering the river.

Last edited by zug buggin; 07-12-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:46 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that is a HUGE brown trout! What is the state record? I don't know Lake Fontana, are browns that size common? That looks like a sea-run fish.

Great catch, man!