The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree1002Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 01:09 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brown Trout Pics

Thats alittle too northeast for me this time of year....its probably alittle on the COLD side as well haha

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-25-2012, 07:18 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

It's fishable all year round, I'll trade you some fishing on some Missouri streams for some fishing on our tribs, you're welcome any time! As far as the cold, it's surprisingly warm right now, running in the thirties, but the day I took those photos it was like 12 degrees when we hit the water, and 35 when we left.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 01-25-2012, 09:30 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
It's fishable all year round, I'll trade you some fishing on some Missouri streams for some fishing on our tribs, you're welcome any time! As far as the cold, it's surprisingly warm right now, running in the thirties, but the day I took those photos it was like 12 degrees when we hit the water, and 35 when we left.
Sounds good to me. However my idea of cold is anything under 60 so yeah hahaha. Its been a very nice mild winter this year. im enjoying it. Trout really arent the main focus here, if you want some world class smallmouth bass fishing, this is the place to come. I catch stream smallies as big or bigger then lake smallies

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 01-25-2012, 10:59 PM

countr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud ofcountr21 has much to be proud of

Brown trout are extremely rare in the high country above 10000 feet but Mays Lake in the Winds spits out hard-fighting browns up to 14-15".

Click the image to open in full size.

Mays Lake - 10,343 feet in the Wind River Range

a small Mays Lake brown being prepared for the campfire

Old 02-10-2012, 05:42 PM

trout sniper is on a distinguished road

I think there should be a warning on this thread 'ADDICTING!!! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!" Makes me want to hit the rim creeks.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:18 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'm right there with you, Trout Sniper. Got me thinking of hitting the local spring creek tomorrow...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-11-2012, 11:48 AM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

How about this one? Not the best color but my largest trout at 14" and around 1lb.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:42 PM

dshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura aboutdshort has a spectacular aura about

Here's a few:

madjoni likes this.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:53 PM

Dshort, that is a series of awesome fish photos, especially the one in the water with that big erect fin.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:53 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Dshort those are great pictures. Makes me want to fish now.