The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree701Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 12:02 AM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Brown Trout Pics

First brown of 2012. Was only about 16" but not a bad start considering the crazy conditions! We had winds up to 60kph and it was gusting up to 80kph! Was nuts! We were fishing William Lake in Manitoba and there was 2ft waves and white caps! It's not a big lake either! Thankfully it was 20ºC and sunny!

Click the image to open in full size.

Nick
Old 04-08-2012, 01:05 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Sounds like quite the weather fiasco Nick, but the results at least speak for themselves. Fish have got to eat, no matter what the weather Plus it's a pretty fish, no matter what the size!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-08-2012, 02:02 AM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Nice looking BT Nick. Glad I'm not the only one getting hammered by crazy wind. It's been wicked almost every day for the past 2 weeks and the River is starting to look like a tidal rip!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-08-2012, 11:27 AM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold

Thanks!

That wind just beats ya up too. I was totally exhausted after that day. It's been windy here too for a few weeks. It wouldn't be too terrible if it died out in the evening but it's just constantly windy, even throughout the night. =S
Old 04-08-2012, 12:55 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future

Same here night and day wind. I had to drag my old carcass back to the car and just sit for a while before driving. But I guess if you want to catch you have to deal with it.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-08-2012, 07:30 PM

tyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nicetyler185 is just really nice

I finally have more pics to add to this thread. The first two pics are of the same fish and then the 3rd and 4th are of the second fish.....

- Tyler

Old 04-10-2012, 06:33 PM

Sweeeeeeeeeet........

Pretty awesome seeing browns with big ole chunks of fluff hanging outta their mouth!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:11 PM

mysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to allmysticm is a name known to all

I guess it is time to contribute...Here is a sweet wild one that I caught on the PM this spring. The browns were all gorging on the eggs beneath the Steelhead spawning sites.

I love the beautiful red spots...the hatchery raised Browns I have caught in Ohio and Indiana do not have such vivid spots.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:26 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Cracking fish Sir, well done
Old 04-12-2012, 11:32 PM

weirdwalkangler is on a distinguished road

All from THE Spring Creek
Ryan took home the trophy that day:
Ryan:
Ryan:
Mike:
In the flesh:
Ryan:
The wife's first spring creek brown:
Delancy's 1st:

-Matt

Last edited by weirdwalkangler; 04-13-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Giving recognition