The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree1200Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 07:27 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brown Trout Pics

Thanks Stuart, might be a bit of a wait before I join the DSLR posse, until then I'll be making due with a Canon SX40HS and a GoPro, and the iPhone 4S camera at times of course.

AND A DOUBLE POST:
Here's a quick mash-up of a brown I caught the other day on a tunghead hare's ear, and my first footage with the GoPro (I really need that dive housing...). AAAND embedding isn't working so hot... Brown to Go

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Last edited by gatortransplant; 09-23-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a couple nice Wyoming Browns I landed yesterday:
Click the image to open in full size.

Larry

Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Larry looks like both browns and bows are slender in this stream...beautiful fish
Old 09-19-2012, 11:19 AM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future

I love fall...browns become wickedly colorful! Here's a great sample of what we were catching this weekend.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:12 PM

nrp5087 will become famous soon enoughnrp5087 will become famous soon enough

A small native brownie from central PA's spring creek caught in the dark on a foam ant

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

The first fall lake-run football of the year, not a monster but always fun to see a kyped-out fish on the end of the line, courtesy of the Valley of Sin. I was willing to compromise my integrity as a fisherman by heading out to one of my least favorite destinations when I heard there were browns running in, I just didn't realize how far I would inadvertently sink... at least a half-dozen fish tempered the descent!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-10-2012, 05:27 AM

nockhunter is on a distinguished road

Hey AJ nice brown. You got water your way?

Mike
Old 10-11-2012, 10:55 PM

argail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to all

Brown from South Dakota
Old 10-11-2012, 11:00 PM

Mike, the water is coming up but I'll still be heading out your way for the browns when I can. Wanna do a repeat of last year and meet up for some out-of-state plate sightings and some good fishing?

Old 10-11-2012, 11:09 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
The first fall lake-run football of the year, not a monster but always fun to see a kyped-out fish on the end of the line, courtesy of the Valley of Sin. I was willing to compromise my integrity as a fisherman by heading out to one of my least favorite destinations when I heard there were browns running in, I just didn't realize how far I would inadvertently sink... at least a half-dozen fish tempered the descent!
Beautiful Brownie AJ! Sometimes we must dwell in the Valley of Sin to reap our rewards. Especially for tanker BTs! Nice!

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
And the guy behind you is casting for walls!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser