The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree700Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brown Trout Pics

Bulky! milt.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:39 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

Here's a pretty one from the Little Red River in Arkansas

Click the image to open in full size.

Here's a nice one that my wife caught a couple of months ago out of the Lake Fork of the Gunnison River

Another one from the Lake Fork, maybe my favorite-colored brown I've ever caught (or at least have a picture of)

One of the bigger browns from this stretch of the Lake Fork I've caught over the last couple of years... (usually not a fan of the fish-on-bank pics, but had to take the pic myself, figured the rubber basket was a good safe place to set this guy so I went ahead )

madjoni and thorsten like this.

Last edited by thewalker1013; 10-30-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:57 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Those are some handfuls, Walker! And you're right, that last Lake Fork fish is incredible, the blue in the gill-plate is so vibrant!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-31-2012, 04:34 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, I made a trip up to Yellowstone NP to checkout a stream I heard about, but didn't get to fish as much as I would have liked due to the wind but I did land this nice looking brown trout:

Larry

Larry
Old 10-31-2012, 08:34 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Love those butter bellies! Nice Larry!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:57 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Thats a nice fish Larry.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:56 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Larry, that fish looks like someone grabbed it on both ends and gave it a stretch, and the colors don't hurt either! Fun fighter as well? Seems like it would be, given the physique.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-31-2012, 02:00 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

CONGRATULATION to that pretty nice brown trout

THORSTEN
Old 11-01-2012, 12:44 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

This brown was a nice catch on a cold and snowy day.

mcnerney, madjoni and thorsten like this.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 11-01-2012, 01:32 PM

What a fatty! Nice fish, Troy!