The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

Like Tree874Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 07:10 PM

650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Brown Trout Pics

Oregon Brown
Click the image to open in full size.
madjoni, thorsten and drc like this.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if I posted this here or not, but I know I've posted the pic to other threads. If you've seen it, I apologize, but this was my best this season out of my favorite spring creek on a size 14 amber scud - 23-inches and change...:

Best Fishes,

Kelly.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:09 PM

bradyb will become famous soon enoughbradyb will become famous soon enough

A couple from last week

madjoni, wt bash and thorsten like this.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:53 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Great fish ! That one in the middle pic is a bruiser! Congrats on a great outing!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 12-04-2012, 08:43 PM

drc has a spectacular aura aboutdrc has a spectacular aura about

I caught this fish, one of my biggest browns, on a size 6 rabbit hair sculpin pattern in a stream about 6 feet wide! he almost went through my legs a few times!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
I don't know if I posted this here or not, but I know I've posted the pic to other threads. If you've seen it, I apologize, but this was my best this season out of my favorite spring creek on a size 14 amber scud - 23-inches and change...:

Best Fishes,

Kelly.
Kelly: Congrats, that is one fine Brown!

Larry

Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyb View Post
A couple from last week

Um, where was this? (Obviously you don't have to get too specific )
mcnerney likes this.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:13 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

If I'm not mistaken, that is an Ontario trib east of Buffalo, NY? In fact, I do believe I know that exact spot, though I don't often fish it.

Kelly and DRC, those are both beautiful fish! Was just talking about tying up both the flies that caught those fish today interestingly enough...

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-07-2012, 01:32 AM

countr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to beholdcountr21 is a splendid one to behold

For anyone who knows me on this forum, I love to post tales and pics of my exploits at altitude in the backcountry of the Rockies. This may not be the largest brown in the world but the fact that I caught it well over 11,000' makes it special in my book. You almost never see brownies at altitude in the backcountry. I've only seen one other backcountry lake high up in the Rockies that produces brown trout - it was over 10,000' in the Winds. I took this brown from a lake right above timberline in the James Peak Wilderness of Colorado.

mcnerney, madjoni and thorsten like this.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:01 AM

bradyb will become famous soon enoughbradyb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
If I'm not mistaken, that is an Ontario trib east of Buffalo, NY? In fact, I do believe I know that exact spot, though I don't often fish it.
Yeah, it's pretty recognizable if you've been there. And almost everyone in the southeastern GL region has. We were lucky to hit a couple days that weren't terribly crowded. The 3rd morning was asses and elbows so we split.