The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Coldwater Fly Fishing

Coldwater Fly Fishing Trout, Salmon, Steelhead, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 08:22 PM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough
Default Wanted Info on North Platte. WY

I will be in the area of the North Platte from 27SEP too around the 7th of Oct and want to fish the North platte. Guide fees seem a little steep so I was hoping to get some info on a few wadable spots that I could spend a day or two fishing. Any suggestions?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanted Info on North Platte. WY

What section of the North Platte were you interested in fishing?
Below is a river report from North Park Anglers in Walden, CO (the head waters to the North Platte).
North Park Anglers
If you decide you want to fish the upper section I can provide you with the access points, most of the upper section is on National Forrest but will require some hiking to get into the productive water.

Here is a river report for the Grey Reef section of the North Platte just south of Casper, WY
Grey Reef Fishing Reports, Gray Reef Fly Shop, Guide Service
The Grey Reef has four public access points, then as you go further down river there are more access points once below Government Bridge.

Larry

Last edited by mcnerney; 09-07-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:20 AM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough

Larry
Thanks for the info. I seareched around last night and found some info. I will be near Rawlins, WY so I was thinking of fishing that area. However, I will be dropping down into CO when I am done and am thinking matbe I should go back thru Walden. While I have never fishe in that area I have traveled thru there many times. I have heard that the area right at the boarder can be good. I am just looking for a nice day or two of casual wade fishing.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:46 AM

ksyrium is on a distinguished road

not sure how far youre willing to drive, but like mcnerney said, grey reef in casper is a good spot, about 2 hours from rawlins. If its not too cold, you could head up to the snowy mtn range to fish up there. I never fished that area, but there are some nice alpine lakes and rivers. mcnerney might be able to give you more local info, since i dont live out there anymore. If you do head up towards the snowies, make sure to stop at the hot springs in saratoga.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker12 View Post
Larry
Thanks for the info. I seareched around last night and found some info. I will be near Rawlins, WY so I was thinking of fishing that area. However, I will be dropping down into CO when I am done and am thinking matbe I should go back thru Walden. While I have never fishe in that area I have traveled thru there many times. I have heard that the area right at the boarder can be good. I am just looking for a nice day or two of casual wade fishing.
Tracker: When I get home after work I will look at the map and send some details on the public access points to you via PM.

Larry
Old 09-08-2010, 08:14 PM

Thanks!!!!